Southern University and A & M College

« See more reviews of Southern University and A & M College

The most frustrating thing about my school is the registration process. Even when you think all of your stuff is straight, they can come back and tell you last minute that its not and you end up having to worry about registering in time so that you don't get kicked out of the system. And, this usually means you have to wake up before dawn to stand in a long line to get it taken care of.

Getting registered for school and trying to find money to pay tuition on time because I have to pay out-of-state fees along with tuition, room and board, and other living expenses on campus. Loans will be hard to pay back because I have to get them every year. Then I try to find money for books also and that makes my studies harder because I don't have the necessary resources.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there are very view school scholarships because of the school budget cuts. Its very frustrating that your own school can't provide their students with scholarships and that tuition goes up ever semester. This makes it more difficult to pay for books and other items as well as make a deeper hole in my father's pocket.

There's not enough funding. Historically black colleges and universities aren't funded like other public or private predominately white institutions. As a result, staff is cut and scholarships are extremely limited. Professors can't even teach full-time which causes office hours and other resources to be limited.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the campus parking. Also, my fianancial situation is very limited, so it will be very difficult for me to pay for Nursing school next semester.

The most frustrating thing about my school was having to wait a whole year to take a course due to the fact that there wasn't enough enrollment for the proffessor to teach the class.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is unorganized and it focuses more on the social aspect of school rather than the educational aspect of school.

The most frustrating thing about Southern University and A&M College is that every alumni and current students need to give back more to the institution.

That I am older and I should have completed my education when my parents were paying for it and now I have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

Sometimes due to heavy rain fall, the campus floods in some portions. But however the water flows back into the river and the near by swamps.