Southern University and A & M College

« See more reviews of Southern University and A & M College

One of the major things I wish I knew before I came to this school would be the importance of having good grades to keep financial aid. My first year in college didn't go well due to adjusting to a new state and environment. Therefore, my grades suffered causing me to lose my financial aid, and I ended up having to do an appeal. Thankfully, I received my financial aid, and I never had a problem with maintaining my grades after that incident.

I wish I would have known more about financial aid and loans before my college experience. I believe that if i would have known about how much college cost (out of state) even with financial aid, I would have been more responsible with my money in high school. I would have also paid more attention in my classes instead of rushing through everything to recieve a grade.

Before I attended Southern University, I wish I had known about the Biology clubs and scholarships that the school offers. I say this because since my freshman till this point of my sophmore year, Paying for my tutition out of pocket every semester, is hard.

This is my second attempt in finishing my degree. If I had known then what I know now, I would have taken college more seriously. I did not attend classes and study as I should. I came to school and thought it was fun time.

I wish I known how challengeing SU would be. (Like the time I was in Biology 101, I had to examine religious teaching vs. evolution.)

Before I attended this school, I wish I would have known that they did not have the best business program in the state of louisiana.

Before i came to Southern, I wish i would have learned more about the requirements for graduation for my chosen field of study

Before I came to Southern University I wish I would have known to sign-up for work study early during the summer.

There is nothing I wished before I came to this school because I had done my research prior to coming.

I wish I would have known the condition of the residence halls, and how unorganized financial aid is.