Spalding University

« See more reviews of Spalding University

The advice to students for making the right choice for college is to be certain that you want to go to college. Next have an idea of what it is you would like to do as a career, then began to look for colleges or universities that would help you get a degree or certification in that desired field. For the most part, take in consideration if you want to live close to home, if want to go away, and most importantly consider the cost of the schools whether you live on campus or off campus. The advice for parents, consider the college or university that will help in the degree that the student wants to obtain for their career choice. The parent should consider whether their will be any financial aid to assist with the tuition. Check the college for scholarship information that the student will be eligible to apply. See if the colleges close to home will benefit as oppose to others that are not close to home. Parents should contact counselors at the high school to see about state grants and programs for in-state tuition assistance. Always check the internet scholarship websites for eligible applications

Hello highschool senior version of myself, Congratulations on making it this far in school, but the time when you graduate from highschool is still just the beginning of your bright future. As the college verison of myself, I am here to talk to you about the good, the bad, and the ugly of college life. First of all it is important to attend a college that will help you in any major you would like to be in. Also, the decision to live on campus can be tough, especially if you think you could be home sick. Also if you every decide to attend a college party, your safety is the number one priority, which means you and other people should always make responsible and respectful decisions. Financially paying for college is another story. The good news is grants, scholarships, loans, and KEYS money can be a big help. You'll also meet a variety of professors as you learn your studies during your two or four years at the college. One of the best characteristics about college life is finding your independence in the world and knowing what kind of successful individual you would like to be.

College life is going to be very different from anything that you have ever experienced. You are going to find yourself around people from all over the world, with different backgrounds and philosphies on life. Please, always remember why you are there. It will appear to be a lot like a social club, but it is not. You may sometimes feel like you are alone, with no one to turn to; but you are not. This is your opportunity to grow as a human being, to develop your own personality, apart from family and familiar faces. Choose wisely. You can be reckless with your new found freedom, and pay for it the rest of your life, or you can make mature, responsible choices and get the quality education now that will lay the foundation for a limitless and rewarding future. The choice is yours. I believe in you. I know that you have the qualities of a leader, not a follower. Use those qualities to determine your destiny. Let it be a destiny that will empower those who will follow in your footsteps. Prove to yourself, and to t he world that you can, and you will be a success.

Dear high school Hanna, What ever you do, don't base your future on the relationships that you currently have. Most of the relationships that you have now will not be relevent a few years from now. Work hard in school, get the best grades you can, and learn as much as you can! Apply for as many scholarships that you can, college is not cheap! Save money now, and stay at home as long as you can! Money is scarce when you are a college student. Find a hobby or an extracurricular activity that you enjoy. It is a way to meet people, and you wont sound lazy or boring when you are filling out college applications. Your friends are more important than boyfriends, actually, dump your boyfriend. When you are applying to colleges, choose Spalidng University! You wont have to go through so many trial runs at different colleges and you will get out faster. One last thing, you will choose nursing as your profession, so base your future on that! Don't let anyone tell you what to do, except Mom. You will learn, Mom is always right! Love, College Junior Hanna

Hi Kaylan, I see that you are a senior in highschool and are probably wondering what college life will be like. I promise to give you my best advice so that you can feel comfortable about making this life changing transition. As a freshman in college one of the biggest task you will take on is to prioritize. From experience, I have learned that you can have an education and a social life, if you learn to manage your time. Don't forget that procastination is your enemy ; so get organized, be positive and get to it. Also one of your biggest expenses, will be book for classes. You do have options to purchase them such as buy new ones, rent, used ones, or order online. Also, find a campus map to use until you know your way around campus. To avoid putting on way during your first year of college exercise, reduce stress, avoid liquid calories, keep healthy snacks in your dorm room, and plan your meals. When you finally go off to college, you will have a chance to be independent so remember to make wise use of your time and take care of yourself. Good luck.

The most important piece of advice I would give myself is that life is a journey and to enjoy it. Stop looking ahead and worrying so much. You’ll be fine as long as you take the second piece of advice; and that is to develop good study habits now so you can achieve your goals. It’s really important to study and develop good study habits. You’re not going to be able to do the bare minimum and cram and still get good grades. The pace is much quicker and the competition to get into the health science programs is fierce. Do it now so that you can hit the ground running and not feel left behind. You won’t believe this but it’s true; those study skills will transfer into so many other parts of your life, you will be amazed. Setting aside time, planning, preparing, focusing, pacing yourself, seeking out other resources, and following through with action are all life skills that studying helps you with. You will make your life so much easier if you get the basics down now, so that later you can soar like an eagle with nothing holding you down.

Well, since I am working on my second bachelor's degree after graduating with a biology degree that I have yet to use, I would give myself alot of advice. First of all, have a plan B and take classes to prepare you for your alternate career path, just in case you decide to not follow your original path. Secondly, I would tell myself to follow your first instinct. For example, if you know that you belong in healthcare, then never stray too far from your goals. Take advantage of any opportunity to broaden your horizons because right after high school is the time to explore before you have the responsibilities of a family and bills. Also, it is a good idea to start building a resume of work experience in a field related to your major while you are in college and you should network whenever possible. Do not let anyone discourage you from the path that you know that you are destined to take. If you face an obstacle in your path, just take the time to figure out what you need to do to get pass that obstacle and be successful. Good Luck!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would make sure that I understood that college life is very different that high school. You are expected to take care of yourself and turn your assignments in on time. There are no grace periods and teachers reminding you of assignments. You need to learn to be very organized and learn good study habits. Your time is very valuable and you need to use it wisely. Don't wait until the last minute to finish an assignment. College assignments are much more detailed than any high school assignment. Learn how to use your resources and make sure you take great notes. Most professors put their notes on blackboard so you need to make sure to print them out and study them. You are considered an adult once you enter college and you need to start learning to act like one. You are the only one responsible for your actions, not your parents. Stay out of the "college life" parties and keep your grades up. With this advice, you can suceed in college and in life.

If i could go back in time, i would say to myself that this is my last year and i have to work harder before going to colleges. I should work hard every year in high school. Because when you are moving on to college, everything is different from high school. You have to accept everythings that the professor giving you, especially homeworks. Doesent matter how many classes you are taken, your going to have homework every day after classes. So i better take this seriously before i'm heading out to college or a university. I know going to college is going to be a big challenge for me. So I should listening to teachers while i'm still in high school, because everythings that they try to teach me is going to be the things that i needed for college. I should never disappointed with my teacher for giving me too much homework or having to write a lot in classes. I should keep an open mind that the tearchers are giving all these things because it will help me going to a university and college. I have to work hard and accomplish my goal.

The advice I would give myself, if I went back in time would be to not settle and instead explore. Early on in high school I thought I had chosen my profession and although it was something I loved and was ambitious about it, I was closed minded about other career options. If time travel were possible, I would approach myself, while creating my art and say, “Cory, I know this is what you love to do. You can go off into another world painting and drawing and come out with original work that you are proud of, but don’t you want more for yourself? You wanna show your art to the world, but you also love helping people. Explore different ways of achieving this and don’t settle for being another starving artist. Differentiate yourself from the others and use your artistic talent, to not just pay the bills. I’m not saying don’t be a full-time artist, just be open to other avenues of your passion.” This is what I would tell myself, not with my voice as parent might do, but painted on canvas, so as best to reach my high school self.