St Petersburg College

« See more reviews of St Petersburg College

I would tell myself as a high school senior to simply be ready for college. It is a lot of work and you have to be dedicated in class as well as outside of class, you need to make sure you have the time to put aside to study for a couple hours outside of class for each and every class in order to keep your grades up. Also do not miss a class because it will feel like you missed an entire week of high school. One final thing i would tell myself is to not take too many classes at once until you know how you can handle a couple of classes first because if you start off with five or six classes it gets overwhelming fast especially if you have a job and other things you have to attend to.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that I need to not get so caught up in the highschool activitys and to stay focused on my acedemics. Although for the most part I got A's and B's I would tell myself that I must get straight A's and that I need to apply to more colleges. I would also apply for more scholarship than I did. I would jsut try anything and everything to help myself get into a university. I would just have to tell myself that this is serious and that I all efforts should be pushed towards school and not to focus on sports because it did not get me where I wanted to go. I would say to myself school is going to be my gateway to a better future not sports.

The advised I would give my High school self would be to study more and select a career path before you start. High school is more important than you think it is. The higher your GPA in high school the more likely you are to get scholarships. You do not want to acquire the student loan debt that your future self is forced to deal with. It is very difficult to do. You will have good times in college, but you must work hard and give it your all. Before you can attend college you must maintain your high school grades and graduate with a high GPA. This will ensure a possibility of Scholarships, which will be life changing.

Knowing what i know now about a college student's life and being able to go back in time and give myself valuable information i would have to say i'd tell myself to have found a job alot sooner. College is a big investment, and requires you to have money in your hands at the time of registration. Relying on financial aid to be there for you when you start is a silly thought and it doesn't come till classes have alreayd started. I would have also told myself that i should have done volunteer work and that i should have signed up for the scholarship that was available to me at the time.

This is an easy question to answer, self confidence. Like many students, I was not successful with my many attempts at college classes. I always believed that I could make my way in the world without furthering my education. As I grew older and started a family, I realized that I want my children to be proud of what I had accomplished in life and set a good example. To this day I do not deny the fact that I had to mature to understand the true meaning of achieving a higher education. Today not only I am working towards a better future for myself but also for my children!

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would inform myself of everything I know now. I would tell myself to get started with applying for colleges and scholarships. I would tell myself to decide to go to school for what I love, and not just for the money. Also, I would tell myself how easy it is to apply for scholarships everywhere. I would point myself in the direction of websites and other services that could help with funding my education. I would not allow myself to procrastinate because I know that it would get me to where I am now.

I would make sure to take the dual-enrollment classes throughout my senior year. I figured that taking the early college classes would take time out of my high-school social life, so I never wanted to do that. But as I look at it now, things would be much easier in college. Currently working on accomplishing my AA-degree, I am overdosing my schedule with many classes and it seems to be taking a lifetime to reach this goal. If I was to just take those couple of pre-college classes in high school, I would have had enough credits by now to transfer to a university.

If I could go back to high school knowing what I know now, I would choose to think of myself and what would make me happy, and stop worrying about what would make others happy. To choose a career that would not only make me financially set, but happy in a long term. To seize the moment of opportunity. To source out all options and then make a decision. Not to jump to conclusions, but to be logical and not synical to practical idiologies. That your only young once, and to be given a second chance may not always come.

If I could go back and give my self advice as a high school senior I would make it short and sweet. I would say that worry about yourself, then worry about your friends. As a high school senior I was more worried about being cool and less worried about grades. Now that high school is over my “friends” aren’t there and my 2.5 GPA still is. I would tell myself that grades come first. If I would have known my current self in high school I would have put my priorities in line with the most important ones first.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to prepare more ways to study. In college, a student is faced with multiple classes, multiple tests and multiple different ways to approach each test. Each professor has a different way of making each test so students have to adapt their studying habits for each test. Had I known this before, I would have entered college with a better knowledge of study tools and tricks, and done better the first test.