Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

Nothing really. We found out everything we needed to know at orientation. The hardest thing for me was finding all my classes for that first time. So I guess what I really needed to know was just to know how to get around campus better.

Make sure you know how far you live from campus and how you're going to get there. Biking 2 miles seems like a breeze but in Texas heat, it is far from it. Biking to class should only be an option if you live closer to campus.

I wish I would have known that everyone was thinking exactly what I was when I didn't understand what was going on concerning classes, financial aid, registration, etc. and that I should not have been too shy to ask for help.

I wish I had known to save more money. Alot of things that happen here require money. Financial aid does not cover enough for students who come from various circumstances and situations.

How difficult it would be to have a 6 hour drive to get home. I know the more I get acclimated to being in college, I won't be so homesick, but the first few months were tough.

I wish I had known just how far i was moving, it was very hard for me to make trips back home, and that makes your first year away from your family very hard to handle.

I wish I knew how good the Communication Department was before I came here so I wouldn't have wasted a year trying to figure out what major to decide on.

This school offers alot of fun things to do, but be sure to check into the more wholesome ones or you will soon be going down a slipperly slope.

I wish I had known about the second cafeteria by the time I had gotten to SFA. Also I had wanted to know where all the part-time jobs were.

Before coming here I wish I had known to appreciate my classes more and to be more attentive then I was at first.