Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

Just look for a college that you find would be the best extension of yourself. Because it is you, who will be attending the school. You have an idea of what you want and what your possible career will need, so pick a college that will give you what you need. And you should think of college as an investment in your future so you shouldn't fret over the cost too much unless there is no way you can afford it. You should also do your best to meet new and interesting people becasue the friendships you make in college will last for a long time, possibly a lifetime. And the friends you have will make the time spent at school even more awesome. You should also try new things and find out who you really are.

I would advise myself to go to a community or state college/university before trying to go to a private university. I could have gone full ride with everything paid for if I had gone to a community or state college; instead I went to a really expensive university which I cannot paid for by myself and thus have a ton of loans now. Due to the economy and the fact that my mother's credit is too bad for her to be a cosigner, I am currently unable to pay for my final semester of my undergraduate career and therefore, it is looking like I will be unable to finish my degree and graduate with the rest of my class this May. So, if I could do it all over again, I would go to a community or state college first.

Being a child of immigrants who did not even finish high school I had no knowledge or encouragement to attend college. If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself that there IS hope for me. All I needed was proper guidance and to seek answers from the proper personnel. There is Financial Aid available all I needed to do was fill out the application, something that I had no knowledge of at the time. I would let myself know that I could have started filling out scholarships. There is hope, there WAS hope. There was not a need to join the military, deploy, and endure the hardships I have now in order to attend college.

If I went back in time I would tell myself to enjoy every moment I had and to apply for more scholarships to prepare for the future. When I was a high school senior all I could think about was getting out of high school and moving on to the next part of my life. I knew that it would be more difficult, but I didn't know that it would be this hard. I would tell myself to plan for the future by applying for any scholarship I was eligible for and try to prepare for the hard road ahead. Knowing what I do now and the financial situation I am in, I would have saved up as much as I could and spent more time focused on my future education; instead of just getting out of high school.

Zuri Sellers I am your future self. Being a senior right now will be one of the greatest times of you life. But now it is also crunch time. College is right around the corner and I know you haven't been accepted to any schools. Volleyball isn't coming to you right now on a silver platter so you need to apply to more colleges ASAP! You also need to push yourself harder in class also because Senioritis is going to bite you in the butt VERY VERY hard. Applying for scholarships needs to be all you think about. You need to eat sleep and breathe it beacuse mom and dad can't do it on their own. Do your best and you are going to love the school you get into. Trust me I'm you.

Find a school you can see yourself studying at. So many students make their decision about what school to attend because they know someone who went or goes there or they know there is a great social scene. Your academic success is the key reason you attend college. Also, be yourself no matter how other people try to change you. Being the same person, but better, when you graduate is very important. Find out who you are, not what others want you to be. Think every decision you make through. You will no longer have the collective decision making skills of you and your parents to rely on and if you do what you think they would want you to, you can't help but succeed.

Dear High School self, You are extremely lucky because you already know what you want to do and you are going to be great at it. By starting at community college, you are saving yourself (and your parents) a TON of money- smart choice. When you get to Stetson, you need to get involved. It's going to be a pain because you live at home and you're shy, but it will be worth it. Join clubs and actually attend meetings, sit in the cafeteria even if you're alone- maybe someone will join you. Enjoy your time with classmates who, like you, want to be teachers and can understand the work load you are going through. Step out of your comfort zone girl! Sincerely, College self

For prospective studnents and their parents, I think one of the most important things they can do together in selecting a university that fits their needs, is sit down together and make a list of all the features they want at a school and then continue to go through the process of selecting schools together. No one should choose a college without also visiting and seeing what the vibe is at every school they are thinking of attending. Don't choose a university just because your best friend or boyfriend is going there; make the choice that best fits your dreams and aspirations for your life. Follow what you think is right for you, and you won't be disappointed.

I would say Self,This isnt going to be a walk in the park,You have listened to all your friends that have been to college and how easy it is,and all t he fun there having or had. But they dont tell you about the commitment , diciplene and devotion it takes.Then you realize that they went to school for 4 years and changed there major 10 times and they are working at taco bell. So self if you want to graduate and want to make it in this world, and i dont mean managing that taco bell he or she is working at then i would recomend that you know what it is you want from this educaton,stick with it and work hard.Because it isn't going to be easy,

Finding the right college takes much time and research. You must in order to get a feel for the school go on camps tours and talk to some of the students already attending. You must feel comfortable in you environment and make the most of your experience by not being afraid to go out of your comfort zone. Meet new people and join as many clubs as you can. Making connections and having those friends will allow for a smooth tansition. Always do your best because this is the only opportunity you will have to show people what you are made of. Always remember you have friends and family to support you as well as professors and faculty. You are never alone.