Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

Make sure to apply for Bright Futures, and any other scholarships for college. Know that you may have to apply for loans, and you can pay them back six months after you graduate. Get a Summer Job so that you have funs for college necessities ready. Always keep a 3.2GPA or higher so that you will always be eligible for Government grants and scholarships. Always do alot of community service to receive eligability for most scholarships that requier Community service hours. Always work very hard, smart, and diligent in school so that you go very far in you profession.

When looking back at my senior year in high school all I could think about was graduating. Now that I am going into my final full year of college there is so much more I should have been concentrating on besides graduation. Due to the lack of financial assistance I may not be able to attend school in the coming semester; due to this fact I should have been more focused on paying for college instead of hurrying to graduation. If I could go back and give myself advice it would be to get focused, apply for scholarships, and find other ways to save up for college.

So far, I've really learned more about myself as well as what I want to be in life. I've also gotten the chance to gain knowledge that I never expected I would if I hadn't attended college. I have also gained many new friends that I know will remain in my life for a very long time, I've gained a new family. I'm proud to say I'm a Stetson Hatter and that this college experience is valuable to me because of it I will have the opportunity to go farther in life, make my mother proud, and oneday be a successful woman. I look forward to the rest of my college life.

Looking back on what I know now versus my senior year of high school, if I could give my past self advice that would improve my future at the university level, it would be to always stay focused and determined and always study and work hard but do not over do it. It's good to have free-time to socialize and have fun. Though, you must always remember that there is a time and a place for play-time. Keep in mind your over-all goals! School comes first! And finally, live and be as and who you are because people like you better that way. Remember to smile!

Ava you need to make sure when you get to college you are well prepared. High school is easier than college and they let you retake tests but once you get to college the baby sitting is over. Retakes are not allowed and you have to make great grades on those tests. So start studying on how to become a better test taker. Also apply for as many scholarships as you possibly can. This way you will be stable financially. Other than that you are doing a fantastic job keep pulling through, head strong the way you have been through your honor and AP classes.

I'm a freshman in her second semester and already I've learned so much about myself. I'd never taken a physics class before and now it's my major. I learned exactly how to get along with people, but possibly the most valuable thing I've gotten out of my college experience is the ability to know myself. I'm learning my limits and boundaries step by step and it is because I feel safe enough at my school to break out of my comfort zone. Stetson has allowed me to really begin finding myself and I look forward to the rest of the journey.

To find the college with the best fit, don't let the cost sway you. Schools that have higher tuition rates are more likely to help you with funding than lower cost schools are. Definitely visit the campus. Eat at the dining hall. Talk with other students. See if you're excited to be there or just curious about a new place. Your subconscious reactions will help determine which place is right for you. Listen to your heart on this one. To make the most of your experience: make friends, get involved, stay active, and try something new!

There is so much to experience from the beginning to the end of the year. In college, you're halfway to independence and it feels really good to be in control of yourself. I have gotten so much out of my first year in college from the hands-on learning to the work-study experience. Attending college is valuable because it gives you a sense of accomplishment, especially since you are moving up from high school and was accepted into a university. It gives me great pride in my accomplishments and I want to continue on this road.

Don't be afraid, College is not as scary as it sounds. Think of college as some of the best times of your life. You will get the chance to learn in different environments, be exposed to new cultures and grow as a person. You will have the ability to choose what you want to learn and will be able to learn more about yourself. Also, don't stress about moving, finding time to study or doing laundry. All of these tasks will prove to be feasible and will only help you become a well refined person ready to enter the world.

To really take advantage of the skills that you learned in high school, such as the study skills. Also to make sure that you find a perefect balance between your work and social life in the first month of college. To start to become independent in your own decisions, both academic and social. Also to embrace the tentativeness of going away for school as a learning process. Finally, to absorb every piece of information that your proffesor says because they truely know everything about the subjects they are teaching.