Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

Oh if only I could go back and tell myself not to go wild for the first two years of college! When I got to Stetson,I met all these really cool people and got invited to all these event for new students. Some of the event were school oriented, however other events were off campus and had nothing to do with school. I let fun times be first when and school work second, when it really should have been the other way around! I have learned my lesson though, I just wish I could go back and have learned it a little sooner!!

Go to Stetson University. You will really enjoy going there, and will get an amazing education. It is situated in this adorable town that has art festivals, dog parades, and a farmers market on Sundays. But start saving your money now, because college is expensive! Just be yourself, because like minded individuals always seem to attract one another, and it will be easy to make friends, and find people you have things in common with. Avoid all boys! They are a distraction, and very immature in their college years.

Choose a college that offers the most amount of activities that suit your child/self. I strongly believe that college is what you make of it, but if you are surrounding but people that are not culturly aware, or surrounded by activites that you dont participate in than college can be a real obstacle. Prepare yourself for the work load, because college can be very extensive, ivy league schools are not neccessarily the best schools, you can easily recieve a top notch education from a public or private institution.

I feel very strongly that I would give myself the advice to have courage. It is easy to lose track of where you are going and what you are meant to do in this life when times get tough and life throws you a curve ball. I am so glad that I am currently pursuing my passion for cooking. I am a career changer and making the decision to attend culinary school was the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. I don't think I could have forseen the joy that this path would bring me, now and in the future.

I would advise families to go and visit the school before you make your final decision. If possible arrange it so that you can stay the night in one of the dorms with a current student. The student ambassadors are hired to present all of the positive aspects about a school while giving tours and will often not mention less positive aspects of the school. While staying the night in a dorm, high- school students are exposed to different opinions about the school and will get a more accurate representation.

I would advise myself to take the classes seriously and learn how to study before getting to college. School always came extremely easy for me so I assumed that college would be no different. I would tell myself to focus on academics more that my social life my freshman year and to not get behind in studying/class-work for it seems to take forever to catch back up. I would also advise myself to start preparing for exams about a week before hand rather than the night before as I used to do in highschool.

The right college for anyone is mostly based on what acadmeic atmosphere the student wants to emurse themselves in for four years (more or less). Acamedics will be at the core of any college, and is what should be looked at closely first and foremost. If you are looking to challenge yourself acamedically and grow intellectually a more rigorous school would fit best. If you are looking to merely obtain a degree to further a career, or financial status, than a less regorous school would fit best.

I have gotten a lot out of my first semester in college and it has only been one semester. Mostly I have learned that challenge is a good thing,because it shows you that you can things that at the beginning you thought would be impossible. Experiencing challenges is valuable for all aspects of life, because you are going to experience adveristy and challenges everywhere and learning how to deal wuth those things in college saves us the trouble of learning them later when it will be too late.

I would tell parents and students to go visit the campus. See if the size and location is what they are looking for. Make sure that the school they are looking at will help them in their major in the future. Also make sure that they will receieve helping paying for tuiton, especially now since the economy is so bad. Look also at the organizations at that campus and be sure to be invovled. If you give to your school, it will give back to you in the future. This is what i have learned

Since starting college I have changes so much in a good way. I have grown as a person and have become more reliable and responsible. I have also learned how to fend for myself and not rely on my parents. This experience has perpared me for the "real" world and what it will be like to live on my own when I graduate. Steston University is a great college that provides the support needed to do well in school and graduate with a good degree. I owe everything to my college experience.