Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to apply yourself more. I would covince myself to stay focused and study every night. Then my grades would have been better and I could have applied to academic scholarships while I was in high school. I would also tell myself to start researching on colleges that would be right for me. I would try to convince myself to explore different types of scholarships.

If I knew what I know now about college, I would definitely tell myself to take it more seriously. I would make sure to tell myself that this is not high school anymore, I have to learn to study harder and make better grades. I would also inform myself of the many people there are to meet in college, there are many different personalities to learn to get along with so it is good to be open to new things.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to learn how to manage my time wisely. In college, there are many social activities to choose from but one must understand that academics come first. As a high school senior, I sometimes made having fun my number one priority. This made the transition to college life a little more difficult because my parents are not here to tell me to focus on my studies.

Before deciding on a college, visit many campuses. I would recommend visiting while school is in session so you can see what the environment is like with students around. I fell in love with Stetson when I took the tour, and then there were other schools that I thought I was interested in until I took the tour. Be open to many possibilities. Don't go into college hunting with a narrow mind.

Make close friends right at the start. Dont get wrapped up in a social life, make grades your first priority. Get involved freshman year, dont wait till later, you will be missing out on a lot of amazing experiences and meeting great people. Make connections with upper classmen they will be a great resource for you. Remember to always have fun and learn as much as you can along the way.

If you enjoy small town atmosphere, with little entertainment, and a demanding workload, you will enjoy Stetson University. This is a school for those who intend to work hard. For your $40,000 tuition you will receive a fraction of what a larger school can offer you in terms of resources, entertainment, and etc. All in all, if you have money and lots of patience Stetson is for you.

Dear Diamante, I know you may seem confused on whats next but take it easy youl make. Two years from now youl get accepted to oregon even though they denied you the first time. Keep your competitive spirt hard work and drive to be the best stay postive its going to be alright . Your bright kid everyone will see it some day. Dream reality, life is what you make it this is only step one.

Make sure you prioritize. Always place your classes before your friends. Keep in mind that your GPA follows you forever--friends come and go. When you are given an assignment, always go the extra mile and do research on the topic--even if research isn't required. One of the most important bits of advice is don't assume you know everything beforehand. Chances are you don't.

Think about it and think hard. Where you start is a place where you would like to finish. College is expensieve but it is a wonderful investment for your future. You don't have to know now what you want to do for the rest of your life, but understand that your starting your life journey cause after four years or so your on your own. So just think about it and think hard.

The earlier you know what you want to do after college the better. It allows more time for planning your place in the world and the steps you will have to take in getting there. At the same time, you may spend college searching for your passion and continue searching after graduation. The best advice overall is to keep an open mind and always look, listen, and learn.