Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

The advice I would give myself is this: I would tell myself that it is not the end of the world to have a tough time in a class, and that you can't procrastinate because it just makes it worse. Your professors actually do care about you, no matter what you may think. Your professors, and your fellow students, actually do care about you as a person, and if you pour your heart and soul into your work, you will succeed. Don't stress the small stuff, it ends up being small stuff in the end. Take it one day, and one semester at a time, and don't be afraid to go talk to your professors if you need help. They are there because they care about the subject and they care about their students. And if you try your hardest to always turn in your best work, you will do fine, and grow as an individual in ways you never would have thought possible.

During senior year, stress flowed freely through my blood stream. I know, it's only temporary but at the time it seemed like we were all stuck in a perpetual loop of assignments, finals, tests, and applications. Breathe! Look at me, I'm alive and well; you can do this. It only gets better. For one, the people in university actually want to be there and share some of the same aspirations as you do. The atmosphere is generally more positive, so even if you're having a cruddy day you're sure to see someone you know with a smile. But, don't expect too much from the kids your age. In a lot of ways they are the same as in high school, just older and "cooler". Just be true to yourself and don't let any of it get to you. And don't worry, you'll make some friends who like you just as you are! Keep smiling kiddo and don't forget to have fun.

If I had the change to go back in time and tell my high school senior self, I would say to not be scared of the future. Don't hold back to the decision that can really make or break you.In high school, education was my top priority; and it still is. When I was accepted to Stetson University, I was escatic. Here in my front of my eyes was an oppertunity I couldn't pass up. But, I was scared about what my family would say, how much the tuition was and if I could even afford it with finanical aid's funding. Now, after a year being on Stetson's beautiful campus, I can say that I made the right choice. So, if I really went back to my high school days? I would tell myself: "Take the change to make a better you. It will pay off. Don't be afraid. If I have the support of my friends and family, I can do anything. You will do everything."

If I were to go back in time to when I was a senior I would not give myself any advice whatsoever. In high school I made good grades but I was not involved in any clubs and am no longer in contact with any of my former classmates. Upon entering college I made a promise to myself to change. As of now I am on the school dance team, the secretary of HOLA (Hispanic Organization for Latin Awareness) and am an active member of Phi Alpha Delta, international pre-law fraternity. I also work in Media Services a branch of IT dedicated to helping students with technical issues. I made a complete turn around because I promised myself college would not be a repeat of high school. I have made so many lifelong friends and have had the most wonderful experiences because of my aspirations to become a better individual in society.

You can never start too early. Go visit any campus you may be interested in. Sometimes what you think may be your last choice is the one you love the most. See if there's anyway if you can spend a night in a dorm; that way you'll know what you're getting into with dorm life. Once you've seen the campuses, apply as early as you can; you'll have a better chance to get in to your favorite. Even if there's only one school you really want to go to, still spread yourself out. If you don't get into your first choice, you'll still have options. Also, apply to a few schools you think you'll never go to or don't feel you'll get into. You may be surprised. I applied here because the application was free. Once a I saw the campus, I fell in love; I couldn't imagine going anywhere else, and it's all because of a whim.

I've only been in college for one semester and I must say I love it. Education to me is extremely important and I feel like my school as well as the students feel the same way. I really enjoy being surrounded by people who have a great thirst for knowledge like I do. Not only do I enjoy the academic atmosphere, I love the connections I have made. The school makes it easy for you to get to know admissions counselors, the President, professors, and alumnis on a more personal note which is great when it comes to asking for advice or help. Finally, I am really happy that it is so easy to get involved. I'm currently a member of two organizations and will be performing in a play next semester, it's so exciting! This is an experience that I am truly grateful for and can't wait to see what comes next!

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self about college, i would tell her not to worry. College is a big deal but take it instrides and you will be fine. There is a lot of coursework, reading, and writing essays but if you have a schedule then you will not have to pull all nighters. I would also tell myself to join more activties. Knowing only a few people might be fine during the first weeks a your firt semester but talking to more people makes you get out of your comfort zone. Join more activties; you need to find a balance between having a social life and your school work, meaning get a social life. Don't just focus on your school work, that will work itself out. Oh, and one more thing, have a good time, don't stress so much and thank your parents for everything.

Students should never go to college just to obtain a degree, get a job, and make more money. Individuals in our society seem to dwell too heavily on the fallacy that higher education immediately yields the promise of higher income; it does not, nor is this mindframe conducive to ideal academic success. Students should enter school with the mindframe to learn and grow into better individuals. This alone should be the goal parents feed to their pre-college students. With that said, some atmospheres fit a student's personality better than others, affective a student's potential to thrive. My overall advice would be to chose a college not solely because of reputation or stats, but because of the compatibility that school's atmosphere is with the student's blossoming potential.

I would tell my self how important your education is and to study, work hard. I have been in the work force 25 plus years now, but last year had just been laid off from a job that I thought I could retire from. Now I find myself starting over with no degree I see how important it is to have. I am so proud of myself for going back to school after all this time and focusing on a new profession in the Medical BIlling & Codeing. I hope to achieve this on two years. It has been difficult with only one paycheck from my husband but with school and bills it has been a real struggle. So now being older I am not giving up, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and am looking forward to the next chapter of my life. You just have to stay positive and hope everythings works out.

Don't be afraid but dont be too confident. Truely expect a hard road with lots of work and sacrifices socially to pave your road to success. Even though you feel that college will be your chance to break from the shell you've made over the years your main focus needs to be ur education. don't let urself fall into deep dispair and freak out when ur class work builds and be proactive. Do your assignments as soon as possible and don't wait untill the last minute, for that has been the downfall for more than one student. Stay strong and be confindent. Work hard and remember that you can do because your purpose has a meaning. You worked so hard to get as far as you did so dont give up and slack off now thinking your in the clear. keep pushing forward for your better future.