Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

I wish I knew how difficult residential life was to deal with and how often people went crazy. There are new faces in residential life this year, so it's gotten a LOT better and we haven't had any suicide attempts yet, which is awesome. The school is really trying to fix its flaws. I would have also liked to know that you need to beg for financial aid, but that they will most likely work it out for you. Also, the dorms are super moldy (especially Stetson Hall), so bring lots of Damp Rid.

No matter what college you go to the only word that matters is money. Money makes the world go round. When applying to college I found that I had no idea where I would find the money. I don't live with either parent, there were no savings. My only option was student loans. I wish I had found a summer job and saved every penny. College is an investment, and an important one at that. Make the right choices and you will be successful. I guarantee it. Money is tight, but I make do. So will you.

I wish I would have know about the limited dinning options at Stetson. There are very few options to choose from when it comes to meals and meal plans. It would be nice to have some choices when it comes to lunch and dinner. The cafeteria food is not the greatest choice and as an Student-athlete, dinning is a important factor for training and competition. Many students would agree that the food is very repetitive and very limited as well.

Not a good selection of food, huge amount of reading, how homesick I'd be, how unhelpful the staff is, what a huge nightmare public safety is, that the dorm i moved into was full of smokers, pot heads and drinkers, how there is such a lack of parking, how much it would suck not having a football team, how unresponsive the fire department is

I wish I had been informed ahead of time of the work study job opportunities the school provided before I started attending classes. It would have given me time to plan ahead and figure out my class schedule and how I can help in coincide with my work schedule along with my study time.

I wish i had known that the food situation wasn't that great. It is a hit or miss when it comes to the food that we are offered daily, and on the weekend the food really declines. There have been improvements this year with the addition of a new type of food place on campus.

How much money it would cost me to stay here not including the money they gave me. I wish I knew how may minorities attended this school. I wish I knew that the food didn't taste good. I wish I knew that it would almost be impossible for me to transfer for at least 2 years.

I wish I would have known more about how financial aid worked. With the current economic crisis, it is very important to understand how you are going to pay for college, especially when you are going to a school as expensive as Stetson.

I wish I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to major in so that I would not have wasted so much time as an undecided student, which has now caused a problem for me in determining if I will graduate on time or not.

Before I came to Stetson, I wish I would have known more about greek life and how much it means to the school. I also wish I would have known more about my student account and the money I'm spending to go to school here.