SUNY at Fredonia

« See more reviews of SUNY at Fredonia

After numerous college visits, students and staff at State University of New York at Fredonia struck me as the most upbeat and accepting group of people at any one college. Be prepared to see that most emails in your inbox will begin with, “Hello!” and end with, “Have a great day!” People are more than willing to help if you encounter a problem, and most are very down-to-earth. If you have difficulty accepting others who are different than you, or do not wish to become part of a college “family,” SUNY Fredonia may not be for you.

Students who are looking to go to a top-notch, $60,000/year school, but did not get accepted and are going to be miserable here at SUNY Fredonia should probably try and find somewhere a little bit more to their liking. Fredonia will probably accept anybody who passes the entrance requirements, but if they aren't going to be happy here, all that is going to happen is they are going to bring the rest of campus down with them. It is easy to identify those who are not happy here, and that kind of person shouldn't be.

SUNY Fredonia is a great school for anyone to attend; however, It is quite small compared to other colleges and universities. I am from a small town and attended a very small high school, so Fredonia is a perfect environment for me. On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend this school to students who are looking for a bustling campus life with a large number of students. Also, the community around the school is small and quiet and is not for students who are looking for a city atmosphere.

I believe that attending SUNY Fredonia would benefit every student in one way or another, but if I had to choose, I would tell the individual who prefers quiet, anti-social environments to try and steer clear of Fredonia's campus. The individuals on campus are social butterflies. Walk out of the doors and there's people all over playing guitars, singing songs, having coffee. The level of social interaction on campus is incredibly high and it is truly wonderful.

A person who cant set aside time for school and studying. There are a lot of things to do at Fredonia with friends and parties that can distract someone from what's really important. Learning to keep your priorities in order is essential. A person who cant complete their work done during the week and separate school and social activities might have some trouble attending this school so you need to be a good student.

Someone who is used to the hustle and bustle of the big city and is looking for that in their school life. There is alot of activities to do on campus but there really isn't much variety in things to do recreationally off campus. Plus it is a rural setting so those who are used to the urban atmosphere might feel slightly out of place here.

In my personal opinion i feel like those who are not serious should not attend this school. It is a demanding school and there are many individuals who are serious and here to make something of themselve; therefore, people who are looking for an easy way out or not sure what they want out of their life should not attend this university.

If you are looking to be at an enormous school where your professors don't know your name, you shouldn't attend SUNY Fredonia. Additionally, if your sole focus for school is studying you should not attend SUNY Fredonia because it offers many opportunites to get involved and the students know how to throw great parties!

I feel that everyone is very welcomed and encouraged to come to this school. It is a very diverse school, and everyone can find a group of friends to hang out with. The only people that I think would not feel comfortable are people who really love the city. The closest mall is about 20 minutes away.

People that are not people-oriented should not go to this school. Everyone here is so nice and get along with everyone. There are so many activities at this school, noone can get bored. The professors and coaches are all very helpful when there's a need.