SUNY College at Oswego

« See more reviews of SUNY College at Oswego

It would have been beneficial to know how much work I would have had to put into my first semester. I was able to keep up with all of the assignments given to me but was not expecting it to be such a strenuous endeavor. Thankfully, I was able to maintain a respectable GPA but not without plenty of hard work and a diligent attitude to follow through with all of my tasks. If high school seniors are made more aware of how much work they will have to do, it will prepare them more efficiently for their first semester.

How much snow Oswego really does tend to get, and how much the lake effect really does make you not want to go out side. Also the difference in styles from living and the trends, and the attitudes as well as the perspectives of people moving from Vermont to New York.

I wish that I had known how corrupt and unfair the oswego police are up here in this region of new york. They treat the college students here like dirt and try to suck them dry of all their money with bogus parking tickets and disorderly conduct tickets.

Before coming to this school I wish I had mroe information on the residence halls. For example, I chose to live in Seneca hall on West Campus due to its proximity to the academic buildings, not knowing that this was the loud, "party" side of campus.

That there is very little to do in the area other than parties. There are concerts, performances, and plays that are interesting but they are only about once a month. Also, the type of people are not as hardworking as I am.

I would have liked to see more of the class opportunities and extra-curricular activities. Also, it would have been nice to know a handful of helpful resources to go to for things needed during the college experience.

That unless you're living in NYC or Boston, it's awfully tough to find a job with a Creative Writing major -- I wish someone had told me that or listed some career possibilities for me.

I wish I knew how much of a forgotten town Oswego is. I feels like students have a hard time finding things to do off campus, mainly because not much is going on off campus.

I wish I had known that the vast majority of the students were near solely party-minded; I don't hold it against them but that's never been my idea of fun.

That being a transfer student would be hard due to trying to fit in with new people. I should have lived in a dormatory.