Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Syracuse is first known for their sports teams. Our basketball and lacrosse teams are nationally renowned. Syracuse is also know for its great diversity. At Syracuse, people of all ethnicity, genders, ages, religions, and sexual preferences are treated equally. When it comes to academics, the highlight of the school is the S. I. Newhouse school of communications, regarded as one of the elite communications schools in the country. This is not to say that the other schools at Syracuse are inferior; however, students at SU are given the opportunity to study many topics and attain a truly well-rounded education.

Syracuse University is known for a lot of things; its academics, its diversity, its sports teams and student life. In terms of academics, Syracuse has several nationally and internationally ranked schools including the Maxwell school of Citizenship and the Newhouse School of Public Communications. The student body is greatly diverse, notable by just walking through the school. For students, there are a great variety of activities to do on campus including musical performances, poetry readings, art galleries and most of all attending the Syracuse Orangemen Basketball games, one of the top teams in the country.

Syracuse University is best known for it's sports teams, especially in basketball. However that can be misleading because although we do have great sports programs we also have incredible academic programs and resources. One of the things that many people do not know is that in the "Theater World" Syracuse University is known for having one of the top ten Musical Theater programs in the country. The drama department works in conjunction with the Syracuse Stage so the students have the opportunity to work with professional directors, choreographers, stage managers, and even perform on stage with equity actors.

The thing that best characterizes Syracuse is probably ourselves: THE ORANGEMEN, based on the school's mascot, Otto the Orange! Sports is a big part of our community and probably one of the best extracurricular activities the school offers. Watching a Basketball or Lacrosse game on the weekends is always a favorite! I don't think I've ever seen more school spirit better than ours! Not only does the word "Orangemen" bring us together to form our community but, it also represents each individual that makes a part of Syracuse University, as well!

Syracuse University, aside from class studies, is best known for our men's basketball team. Just this past season we made it to the final four and although we weren't able to secure the win, our school spirit never waivered. We backed our boys through the entire season and were there through the ups and downs. Syracuse students and alumni are no fare weather fans and support our team through thick and thin. When people think of Syracuse not only do they think of the frigid cold, but they think of an amazing basketball program. Bleed orange!

My school, Syracuse University is best known for it's student-altheltic program! I am constantly being surrounded by a myriad of different school events and multiple other ways of expressing my school spirit. Our Division I rugby team just qualified for the nationals about a week ago and will represent our school spirit well. Our Division I basketball team, who had made it to the sweet sixteen of the march madness tournament, has got off to a great beginning of the season with 2 wins and no losses. One of those wins, was a blow out 100-60 !

Outside of sports (basketball, football, and lacrosse), I would say SU is best know for its academic excellence. SU has one of the best, if not the best, School of Information Studies, School of Communications, and School of Citizenship and Public Affairs. The faculty and staff are dedicated to educating their students 110% and every graduate I've ever come across agrees that they learned an enormous amount at SU. Every alumni I've come across since graduating 9 years ago is extremely proud to be considered a Syracuse University Alumni.

Syracuse's acedemic reputation is widely known. The biggest colleges are Architecture, Management, and Communications. But even the smaller schools like Engineering, which I am in, get the respect they deserve. Because of the big name and broad spectrum of classes offered, internships and job offers are all over the place. Some of the schools biggest partners are General Electric and JP Morgan Chase. There are alot of great smaller companies that recruit here too and puts alot of stress off especially in these hard economic times.

Syracuse University is best know as a prestigious university where there are world class facilities and faculty. Along with the academics at Syracuse, the athletics are very competitive, competing at the Division I level. If one works hard, which is needed to succeed at Syracuse, there will be no problem to be able to participate in the many other activities around campus. Managing one's time is the best way to do well in school and have a social life that compares to no other college experience I've heard about.

Syracuse is known for the Newhouse School of Communication. If you ask youth from the inner city, they will tell you that Syracuse is known for its School of Education and the time the education majors spend working with and tutoring at risk youth. To some, it may not be as exciting as working with celebrated television personalities but to others, like me, it is more exciting teaching a student how to solve a complicated math problem and seeing the look of joy on their face, when they conquer the problem.