Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

It's so diverse in terms of ideas and types of people. Becuase there are so many incredible specialized programs, (i.e. top of the line communications school and incredible theatre department) there is something for everyone! It's a great balance of education and partying. There is always something going on.

SU has the most club sports in any college with over 57 I believe. On a Sat. Night, if you dont tdrink you can go to the movies, bowl, go to the mall, go see campus movies for free, go to the student center, or even go to SU social events like dances. Or you can play in video game tournaments.

The unique thing about my school that I would not have found at any other school are the friends I've made. My roommates are two of the greatest people I have ever met. I would have made friends at other schools, but I always remind myself that only here would we have met each other.

There are so many different things to do at Syracuse and so many people you can do those things with. The people here are great and very diverse in ethnicities and backgrounds. There is no stereotype for those who go to Syracuse because so many different kinds of people attend it.

The study abroad program at SU is amazing. Having studied abroad in France via SU Abroad, I believe it was by far the best choice of my career. There are countless options for study abroad through SU, and the university made it easy to do without pushing back my graduation date.

Syracuse has a real college campus with beautiful buildings, and it is not located in the middle of no where. There are many enjoyable things to do and the education is great. It also has one of the best journalism schools and one of the best business schools in the country.

Being in a classroom where students from different social classes, ethnicities, and college campus statues can come together and bound rather than just be bodies in a room, is the unique opportunity that is offered at Syracuse University compared to other schools.

Well Syracuse University is huge and there are thousands of students here, what is unique about it though is how accomadating the school is to each and every single student, you would think it would be hard to accomadate over 12,000 students but nope, not for SU!

This school was the perfect distance from home; it allowed me to be far enough away but still have the ability to go home when necessary. The academics are held in very high regard at this school and provides for better chances of getting a job post graduation.

Be prepared to put up with a lot of incompetent professors. There are amazing ones, but Syracuse is more focused on how published its professors are and what kind of respect they command than whether or not they actually know (or care) about how to teach.