Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

For me the worst thing at first was the size of the university. Being from a really small town (and a small high school to go along with it), the size of campus and the number of people on campus was kind of intimidating to me at first. Campus very quickly becomes managable though, and you get to know other people very quickly.

The city itself is a little bit isolated. The only way out of Syracuse is by going through Hancock International, which is tiny. So the holidays can get a bit crazy with everyone trying to leave at the very same time out of the little airport. There's also not much to do in the city...people almost always stay on campus.

The worst thing I consider about my school is students being allowed to smoke cigarettes on campus. I have asthma and I am on two different types of inhalers due to health issues and the smoke is not making it any better. I would like to walk around campus without constantly breathing in clouds of smoke in most places.

Coming from NYC, I would say the worst thing about Syracuse is that its not much of a "city" town. Outside of the campus there isn't really much to do or anything really going on. Once you leave campus there isn't really a night life here to look forward too. The majority of good activites take place on campus

The worst part about attending Syracuse University is the city in which it is located in. Some parts of campus are located near poor and lower class residentials, and as a result walking on campus at night can be considered unsafe. Several muggings and thefts have been reported on campus this year alone.

The worst thing about Syracuse would be the weather. Everything is so gorgeous and great when it is nice out but that only lasts for about 2 months of the year (1 month of which you don't really get to enjoy because of exams). So that is my major gripe with Syracuse- the cold and the snow/rain.

I think the self segregation is very debilitating. I went to a high school where everyone, no matter what race, had friends outside of their race. At Syracuse people tend to stay with their own race, and don't really intermingle, which I think is very wrong and inhibiting, socially.

I think the worst thing is the divide from the Syracuse community. There is a major highway (I-81) that literally separates the college campus from the low-income urban community of downtown Syracuse. As a result, a lot of students never see a reason to venture off-campus.

I love my school. The worst things are probably the football team and the construction. Most of the construction is done now or will be done soon, I was just there during the transition. Oh! and the Chancellor, I really am not a fan. But overall, I love the school.

I think the worst thing about my school is that our student body isn't as diverse as we make it out to be. We have students from all over the country, and all over the world attending our University, but racially and culturally we could still be more diverse.