Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

The worse thing about Syracuse Univeristy is that it is too big at times. If one is looking for a location it may take a while to locate or if one is trying to get to class on time, the long distance of walking is a con.

Again, the focus of greek life. It's 20% at SU. Also, there are a crazy number of "JAPs" at SU--Jewish American Princesses. AKA rich Jewish girls from places like Greenwich, Connecticut. Very stuck up, very elitist.

Students don't get involved enough if something isn't thrown right in front of them. Getting people to participate in clubs and events is really difficult and I feel like there is a lack of communication in this area.

The fact that it is so ridiculously expensive means that my partents have to find money to pay for it and what they cannot pay for means that I have to either have to find scholarships or loans to cover the difference.

The worst thing is how much fun it is! It makes it difficult to sometimes focus on my school work because there are always so many fun activities going on and the students at this school are very lively and sociable.

The worst thing about Syracuse is the weather. There is a great deal of snow here during the winter and temperatures drop below zero, which can make it hard to motivate yourself to get up and out of your warm bed.

The freedom of drama students to put up their own work. It's not encouraged to be creative and use your voice. The professors like to keep you under their wing and wait to be cast in department production.

I don't like how big greek life is on campus; the statistic is that supposedly 30% of students are involved in it but it feels like a lot more so that you feel excluded if you are not a part of it.

The lack of space to study because there are so many students who want to study, but can rarely find a quiet space. In the library there are few private rooms and plugs for you computers.

I would have to say mother nature. She really doesn't seem to pick a season up here, it could be December and feel like fall or it could be April and feel like Christmas was 2 weeks ago.