Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

Syracuse University is an amazing school, I think it really depends on your personality to determine how one will adapt. I am pretty outgoing but I am not to active and many things but I have enjoyed my four years here because people are so friendly and open to meeting new people. The one downfall is that Syracuse University is very segregated, I think that it serves as a major downfall. As for the classes I have loved almost every single one of my classes, I think that there are so many different courses even courses outside of my major that have impacted me life drastically.

The best thing about Syracuse is its size, its not too big and not too small. You can walk across campus and see a few people you know, just enough to make you feel comfortable. You will never feel like everybody knows everything about you. The city of Syracuse is one of the most boring places in the world, fortunately, there is always something to do on campus, so you never actually have to venture into the city. The school spirit here is incredible! I have never been someone to care about sports, but the spirit is contagious and you can't help but to be proud to wear orange!

Well, I really enjoy some parts and really do not enjoy others. The snow might be charming, but a winter that lasts months really gets old. Some professors, in Newhouse, Maxwell, Architecture, etc, are really fantastic and will make you learn and progress. Others, however, are not as great. The same goes for students. Some are intelligent and questioning while others are... not. The athletics are a lot of fun, basketball especially. The town is lacking, although it does have character. There is much to do on campus, but not a whole lot to do off.

SU Moves to the liberal left – no longer the politically independent school it once was! Twenty years ago or even ten years ago, Syracuse was well respected and known for its rich traditions, competitive currilicums, competitive sports programs and was independent and maintained a politically neutral stance. Students received a quality education without indoctrination, but as they say “all good things must come to an end”. Today the Syracuse Board of Trustees has a vastly different makeup. The Board of Trustees sets the schoo

The architecture program is great because it's closely knit and everyone helps each other out. There's a lot of personal attention for anyone who wishes to really recieve feedback on their work. Plus, because it is a big school, there's an enormous number of classes offered and you're sure to find something you're interested in. The Renee Crown University Honors program is a bit of joke. Think intellectual masturbation.

I love the school. Its rich history is very important to me and I enjoy being there. It is the perfect size. Campus is not large yet there are 15,000 students. It has the big campus feel which is awesome. But it is on the smaller end. Orange pride is incredible and its probably the best in the country. Everyone wears Orange and the games are crazy.

I love my school! The opportunity to study at a great school has been such a privilege and I'm thankful to my family for making it happen. I'm on the sailing team, a member of Syracuse University Ambulance and will be taking advantage of the study abroad program starting this summer.

Obviously the big picture is the weather, it gets cold. It gets windy. You'll get down about it. But everyone survives, everyone is going through the same thing, and I personally don't mind it anymore. It gets wearing so don't come here if you hate snow. Best advice.

Starting answering!There are so many opportunities, and everyone wants to help you. Wherever I turn there is always something going on, somewhere to go, or something to learn. I love all of the lectures, classes, people, and professors, it is awesome.

Overall, I think Syracuse is a university provides good living and study environment. However, the tuition is kind of expensive. Also, the scholarship limited to undergraduate international students.