Syracuse University

« See more reviews of Syracuse University

If you are not willing to make friends and work with people who come from a variety of backgrounds different than yours, you should not attend this school. There are students who come from inner-cities, rural towns, metropolitan areas, and different continents. If you are unwilling to interact with people who don't come from the same background, you will probably have a miserable, closed-minded experience.

If you're planning on coming to Syracuse just to party, don't waste your time and (parent's) money. I've met a good number of students who don't go to class, study, or do any work; they're only here for the social life. College is about your future, and while it's good to have fun, there are many people in the world who wish they had the opportunities we're wasting by spending our time partying.

The type of person that should not attend this school is the person who thinks he or she will get by, by doing nothing or very little. It will catch up with him or her in the end. If you go to school just to party, make sure you do not keep that attitude because then you would not be getting your moneys worth; especially if you are trying to find every way possible to pay to go to this school.

A person who is not willing to join extra curricular activities in school should not attend Syracuse because the hundreds of student organizations in Syracuse is the essence of our school. Students who are passionate about being involved on campus and the Syracuse neighborhood makes Syracuse the great school that it is by creating a comfortable atmosphere for all new and current students.

Someone who is uncomforatble with diversity and working in groups or on teams will find a hard time with the courses and classrooms. Also someone who doesn't really like trying new things or working hard will find they have wasted their money here. This is a school full of opportunites and only those who are brave enough to take the necessary risks and efforts to succede, will.

The kind of person who should attend Syracuse University is someone with a lot of personality and optimism. Syracuse University students are very creative and make excellent leaders. The University encourages communication and open discussion on issues and concerns of the students, so someone attending the University should be outgoing and open to interacting with others.

Student's who are afraid of a very large student body and of zero degree weather should not attend SU. People who are too intimidated to break out of their comfort zone and are too timid to meet new kinds of personalities should also not come here. If you are not willing to work really hard and don?t want to party harder afterwards, you shouldn?t attend SU either.

A person who likes to have a lot of leisure time should not attend this school, because realistically, attending this school means you are always doing something, whether that something involves academics, volunteering, entertainment, socializing, etc. Life is busy here, and people who don't find that lifestyle attractive would find it difficult to adjust.

If your wordrobe routinely consists of Ugg boots, black leggings, over-sized American Apparel shirts and a NorthFace jacket you would fit in perfectly with the soriority girls at SU. If you perfer the arty intellectual types they can be found at SU as well but they are far scarcer. You don't have to be a big partier to enjoy SU but it's recommended.

I think political conservatives would have trouble finding others who shared their view, though no one judges here based on politics or anything else. We're very liberal here. I am comfortable here, though I wish there were other ways to socialize besides drinking, so someone who is against drugs and alcohol probably shouldn't come here.