Temple University Top Questions

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Briannon

The best part of the social scene on campus is the fact that there's always something to do...if you're 21. Temple is home to the typical college bars and it is close to the city. Those who have an interest can go to some of the most exciting bars and clubs in Philadelphia. However, students under 21 have fewer options for social activities. While there is a movie theater and gym on campus, that does not satisfy all students, which could mean boring weekends from time to time.

Savannah

It's great because there's always events happening on campus, lots of good concerts like J. Cole, Wale, Chiddy Bang, Kid Cudi, just to name a few and there's always parties. The only downside is that Temple is in North Philly so you have to always be on yuor guard, especially at nighttime. It can get a little scary, so just remember to stay in well lit areas, don't travel alone at night and you will have a great time.

The best is certainly the weekends, there is always something going on. Temple sponsors events all the time on campus or near campus which generally are free and usually fun. Non temple sponsored events are pretty awesome too, the Liacouras Center always has good concerts and events and it is located right on campus. Plus there are always parties and fun activities going on in the dorms or off campus in apartments/houses. The worst part about the social scene on campus is the winter time. Winter keeps a lot of people inside and sometimes that can really get boring but luckily the dorms have so many people in them that you and your neighbors can find something to do!