Tennessee State University

« See more reviews of Tennessee State University

Make sure that the school you choose is affordable , because your school may purge you like mine, if you cant pay on time. Also, make sure that your choice is fundamental to your major and long term goals. Be prepared to work hard and be focused because if you start to fall off, you will fail most likely.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself during the first semester study as much as you can. There is no time for play time. Atleast study two hours for each class that you have dailey. Also, i would tell myself that its okay to meet new people and join as many organizations as i possibly can.

If I had to say one thing to tell parents to tell their children, I would tell them to tell their children to not to be scared to go outside of your comfort zone. When a young college freshman does that the world is opened up to them and they can experience all that the world has to offer .

I would suggest that they ask as many questions as possible and do not let others tell them no without a fight. Make sure that you save all emails, receipts and records of interactions between yourself and a school official. Always take the name of the person that you are speaking with.

The advice i would give is to remain focused. Being focused has helped me realize that there is a time and a place for games and other activities. In high school, I did not understand the importance of being focused. Now I have realized how important it is.

I would advise a parent or student to choose a college that bests fits his or her needs in the education progress. Choose a college that you will enjoy by getting background information such as history, overall success of students and teaching.

When choosing a college remember to not only look at the social aspects but also the faculty and staff. Make sure that the institution is well-known in the field that you are choosing to study and that the program offers career placement.

The advice I would give myself and any other senior would be start searching up the tuition and fees right away. Also start applying for scholarships,grants, and fafsa immediately. This would be because everything in college costs!

Always make sure that the college fits the students needs. It is impotant that the student finds a school that best accomodates their wants and their needs, not only academically but also for their social activities.

Learn to study. Even though you do not find yourself needing to study now, you will need the skills once you begin college. Sometimes life throws you curveballs, don't sweat it. You will make the right decisions.