Texas Christian University

« See more reviews of Texas Christian University

The work load is crazy. Some of the professors believe their class is the only one we are taking at this time. They forget we have other responsibilities and other classes to keep up with. Other than that, I love my school, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else! GO TCU!

It seems to be the general consensus around campus that the worst thing about TCU is the tuition. There are alot of very wealthy students that have no problem paying $42,000 + a year but not every student (including myself) has that in the bank.

The worst part about TCU is the power that the Greek community weilds. With the majority of students joining a fraternity or sorority, it leaves the non-Greek students out. Greeks rule in intramurals, student government, almost everything.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of diversity. It has all the right tools to culture a transitioning adult, but does not offer the cultural variety needed to trully develop someone as an accepting and progressive adult.

I consider the worst thing the meal plan. Some might say that it is a minor thing, but when you only have the choice of 4 or 5 things to eat every day, and you are forced to buy the expensive meal plan, it can be frustrating.

It is a very expensive private school, so most of the students are very wealthy and act like it. A good percentage of the population is stuck up and unfriendly except with their sorority or fraternity friends.

A lot of people here are very materialistic and wealthy. Money is a non-issue. Not very laid-back atmosphere. Very huge greek life here--if you don't like that, maybe should consider a different school.

The location. I like Fort Worth because its not a big city but its close to Dallas, which is. However, there is no beach or mountains in close proximity. Most of our activities are reduced to drinking.

The increase in tuition over the past 3 years, greater than the national average. Because of the tuition increase, TCU is letting in students who do not meet the academic standards that have been set.

While the closed-minded people don't necessarily outnumber the open-minded ones, they seem to run the campus sometimes which makes it hard for me to feel comfortable being myself a lot of the time.