Texas Tech University

« See more reviews of Texas Tech University

If you've never visited the University before, and you're standing on campus, it can feel really overwhelming. The summer before my freshman year I took my schedule and walked the campus, finding all of my classes, and calculating how long it would take me to walk to each one. That first day I thought to myself, "There is no way I'm going to get across this campus in ten minutes." But the truth is, you find a way, and the more familiar you become with the campus, the faster you'll get around. The campus is also really beautiful. Most of the buildings resemble old Spanish-style architecture (which also tends to overdramatize the actual size of the campus), there's public artwork everywhere you look (Texas Tech has one of the most impressive public art collections of any University in the country), and they keep the grounds clean and green with trees lining streets and bushes lining the buildings. The University even celebrates earth day by hosting an outdoor concert in memorial circle, giving away free stuff, and encouraging the campus groups to plant flowers on campus. The only thing I don't like about the campus is the signage on the side of the buildings that indicates where you are. The signs are small and white and are only placed on the building once (sometimes not even near the main entrance). Many of these signs are covered by trees and if you don't spot it on the first try you could spend twenty minutes just circling the building looking for it. But once you find it, you will soon be able to identify the buildings just by looking at them.

Texas Tech is a highly spirited school with many oppertunities to offer especially in the business and science catagories. Tech is a very conservative school that is very set in their ways and provide many oppertunities for new students to learn and join in on these conservative views. There are many activities that are offered outside of school but without balance on academics and outside activities, Tech can be a very difficult place to thrive. However with avid focus and effort Texas Tech can be a prosperous place for any ambitious student.

Texas Tech is a good place to go if you want a really social, but academic college experience; at this university EVERY SINGLE STUDENT has a group, each group intermingles with other groups, and every one loves to have fun, whether it's a house party or a movie outing, while on the other hand when it's time to get down to business academically, Tech students all get together and prepare for academics in a social setting such as study groups.

Texas Tech provides its students with the oppurtunity to grow as a person beyond their greatest expectations, and cultivate an amazing college experience, in addition to an exceptional learning experience; whether its students takes it up on this oppurtunity depends on them.

Texas Tech University is a full circle educational experience, allowing students to combine academics, athletics, recreational activities and social interactions to allow them to emerge as well rounded graduates, ready to contribute to the world.

Texas Tech is an organized school that encourages students to learn and succeed through many different mediums such as TAB events that help students relax, tutoring sessions, and extra activities to involve the students more within the community.

Texas Tech University is a somewhat diverse school where incoming students have are greatly welcomed to attend the university, where as current students are able to help those prospective students in the challenges that await in the college life.

Texas Tech University is a very large campus, where the students are very involved in the sports (mainly football), also the classes here range from small, 10-20 people, to very large, 300-600 people.

Texas Tech is a great school filled with diverse students and programs, staff and faculty who want to help in the students' growth and potential to rise and become something useful in society.

Texas Tech is an innovative center for studying, especially undergraduate work, but offers a variety of experiences to help you grow as an individual, a lifetime student, and a good person.