Texas Tech University

« See more reviews of Texas Tech University

The main two things I wish I had known was the availability of Professors at Tech and what dropping classes actually was. It turns out profeesor are very helpful and useful in their office ours I didnt find this out till my second semester when i actually started using them. Then dropping classes, I had dropped one class because at the time it felt completely overwhelming. I didnt want it to hurt my GPA. I later learned that retaking replaces the grade and the class had major bonus points at the end to help the difficulty. Those would be it.

I wish I knew that AP classes were an extremely factor in college, not only do they prepare you for the amount of work that you will receive, but they also can put you ahead of other students and you save money. I wish I knew how to prepare myself for having better time management that way I wouldn?t be so overwhelmed with all the work there is to do in so little time. I wish I had someone to talk to that had experienced college, like how it would feel, what to expect on the first week etc.

I wish I had known more about Lubbock, the city in which Texas Tech is located. Lubbock is in the northwestern part of Texas. It has a dry and windy weather. Personally, I prefer a mild hot weather as in Florida or Carlifonia. Secondly, I feel like Texas Tech does not fulfil my ambitions. Texas Tech is a good school with a top engineering school but I feel like the students are not willing to learn. The students just want to pass and graduate instead of actually learning the material.

There are a lot of things I wish I would have known before I started. I wish I would have known about FAFSA before I got into my freshman year of high school, because what was supposed to be the best year of my college life ended up being somehat exhausting because I was tight on money. I also wish I would have known about the other majors offered at school, because I ended up switching my major towards the end of my freshman year to Pre-med/Nutrition (which I'm glad I did).

Before I came to Texas Tech I wish I would have known how much more studying I would need to be doing. In high school they attempted to prepare us for the work load we would have in college, yet they were not even close. Although you have alot more free time in college, any student that wants to suceed and make good grades must put in alot of time and effort studying. Time managment is a big struggle in college and I wish I would have been more prepared for it beforehand.

For one, Tech's campus is so big! I wish I had known that I was going to be literally walking the entire campus for a few classes. I would have brought more winter closes because it gets freezing there! So I wish I had known that the temperatures get as low as they do there, because I'm not used to that. I wish I knew that Lubbock has harsh dust storm! These storms kind of resemble fog but red. You can't see 5 ft. ahead of you and dust gets in every pert of your body.

I wish I would have know how much things would change. I came here with my best friend, and though we are still best friends, it's not the same. Not only have I learned about myself, but also about other people. Things change in tight quarters, and not everyone is going to get along. I wish I would have been better prepared to interact with people who aren't the easiest to get along with. The academics are fine, but the new relationships are challenging.

I wish I had known more about real campus life. Tech dresses itself up for univeristy day. The rest of the time campus is ugly. They put on a show for a few weeks each year and then are trashy rude and gross the rest of the time. If you are thinking about any college seriously go one day without your parents and when its just an average day and act like a student. See what its really like and how people really treat you. Then make a decision!

Before coming to college, I wish that I had known how serious picking a major would be. The classes that I took and weren?t relevant to my future ended up being less stimulating. The moment I discovered my major and I started to take those classes, I became more motivated to do well in school. I definitely wish I would have found my passion earlier in life so that I could have gained even more from my college experience than I already have.

Everything and nothing. To be honest, I had never heard of Texas Tech University before I decided to apply and visit the campus. I'd probably have ended up here even if I did grow up loving the University. There is so much that I love about this school after visiting it my senior year in high school and now after attending 2 years here. I look forward to all of the opportunities that await me and my graduation from this fine institution.