Texas Tech University

« See more reviews of Texas Tech University

As far as traditions, the one I'm most familiar with is Carol of the Lights at Christmas time. Christmas is my favorite holiday (besides my birthday), so I definitely had to check this one out. A good bunch of the organizations, sororities, and fraternities prep for this event. It's always held in the Science Quad and this past year, 2011, McDonald's bags with tea light candles lined every sidewalk around the Science Quad. It looked really cool. And it made me laugh a little. Good 'ole Mickey D's! The band played, the choir sang, and it's said that about 20,000 people attend the event. That includes students and residents from nearby cities. The whole square was packed. But everyone had coffee or cocoa and was all dressed up. Gathering around with friends and everyone makes it feel like such a connection between a family! It's great! Something I have noticed about Texas Tech that is not so common at other universities I've visited is the cleanliness. Tech is very clean. The restrooms can get a little gross sometimes, but it's expected with toilets and showers (in the same area). And yes, I find that the tables in the Student Union Building need some help sometimes, but it's not disastrous. If I have to, I just clean it up myself. Overall though, the buildings are in very good shape. The architecture is just amazing! Old Spanish, mixed with modern looks: so fascinating to look at! That is one of my favorite parts about the Texas Tech University.

The Texas Tech campus is beautiful with its large Spanish-style architecture and lush trees and greenery. It is primarily a walking campus which gives students the chance to enjoy all of amazing fountains and public art. Texas Tech has one of the best public art collections in the country with wooden horse sculptures by Heather Jansch and bronze portrait sculptures by Glenna Goodacre. There is something interesting and inspiring around every corner. One of my favorite pieces on campus is the fountain at memorial circle. It is the center piece at the entrance to the campus and encircles the school's flag poles. As you make your way to the fountain you hear the water rushing down the small concrete steps carved into the side but once you step inside the circle, it is silent. The effect is just so cool and it has you cutting through the fountain every time you are walking on that side of campus. Another great thing about Tech being a walking campus is that it takes advantage of the great weather we have almost 70% of the entire year. There are numerous places to sit outside, many of which are hidden beneath low hanging trees or shrouded by large shrubbery. I always ate outside anytime I ate on campus just because the weather and the scenery was too nice to be sitting inside.

This University strives to stimulate growth and character in each student. Everyone (Administration, faculty, alumni, and students) takes so much pride in the University and the things that it represents. The school’s motto is “Strive for Honor” and everyone works together in order to provide a conducive environment to do just that. What I love most are the character and various personality types associated with the University. Everyone is so friendly and supportive working together to help those lacking or lagging behind establish a solid foundation, maximizes their potential, and go on to positively impact the lives of others.

The best thing about Texas Tech University is the community. There are many opportunities to start relationships with fellow students who have the same interests as yourself. These opportunities include recreational sport teams, hundreds of different clubs and organization groups, and special campus events. With any of these activities students have the chance to introduce themselves to new people and become involved with different groups of people. Community is important for unity as well as for learning. Community creates an enjoyable environment and it is the best thing about Texas Tech.

The best thing about Texas Tech is the ability for students to receive a quality education. The instructors and facilities are truly top-notch, and if students are willing to work hard, the knowledge and experience they can get from their education is invaluable. I majored in human sciences, and the courses I took helped open my mind to many new concepts, while also preparing me for a career in my field. Not only are the professors passionate about the courses they teach, but they also genuinely care about students and go above and beyond to help them succeed.

The best thing about my school would have to be the falculty and professor. because ultimately my attendence at the university is to learn and obtain a degree for my field of study and the teachers do a great job upholding thier end of the contract, to teach and help students. even for classes as large and three hundred students all students have access to office hours and one on one very helpful interactions with their professors. There are also great advicers who makes sure the right classes are taken, and that students are on the right track for success.

The best thing about Texas Tech University was the sense of community. Everything on campus was easily accessible and I had many of the same students in my upper level classes. This made making friends, socializing, and navigating college life easier. If I needed help with an assignment, it was easy to find someone who understood and was willing to help. If I needed a night out on the town, there were always friends and classmates around willing to join. In both social life and school life, the community of Texas Tech made the experience rewarding.

The feel of the campus has to be the most comfortable part of this school. Everything is located close together. Classrooms are close together making it easy to walk around campus. The dormitories are close to keep friends together even though they live in different buildings. The recreational center is accessable to every student and other residents in the area. Also the football stadium in undergoing an expansion to hold more students to allow more of our proud Texas Tech fans to cheer loud for their Red Raider football team.

The best thing about Texas Tech University is the genuine pride and spirit in the school from not only the students but the community as well. Sporting events and many other University Sponsored events are always full of fans and people that want to be there and cheer on the team or support the University in whatever it is doing. It is an amazing feeling to see how much the alumi support and return to the University to give back and raiser the quality of life and education at Texas Tech University.

Texas Tech is the Best school for your money and you have great opportunities as well. You have your regula 4 year programs then you have graduate school all on the same campus. The cost is cheaper than most and we rank first when it comes to passing the Bar exams as well as we have big corpate companies constantly giving us money for more research or for more scholarship opportunites. However, if you do attend Texas Tech University you must buckle down because the grades are not free.