Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Wesleyan University

Adriana

I would have said to stay at a community college for the first two years to figure out what you wanted to do and not jump into the deep end by going to a big school with a lot of people. I would try and convince myself to go where the money was instead of attending my "dream school" that turned out to be a complete flop. I would tell myself that family is important and that I should embrace it because you never know how much time you have left with them. I would tell myself that prestige doesn't mean quality and that private doesn't mean bad. I would let myself know that failure is relative and that just because you are smart doesn't always garuntee success. I would encourage myself to apply for scholarships and establish good connections with powerful and successful people. But most importantly I would tell myself to follow my heart because thinking about everything becomes overwhelming and what really matters is that you are happy where you are no matter the circumstances or the place that you are in. If you are not happy, then find what does make you happy.

A person that likes small classes and interaction with their professors. A person that is accepting of cultural diversity and open to all different types of ideas and perspectives about life.

Amber

I would stress the importance of a degree that would be helpful. At the time I just picked Theater Arts and had fun. I did not realize what options were available and what degree would ave helped me in teh future.

The financial info at first was not as clear. I had to ask a lot of questions how to get started on loans and what to do.

The neighborhood surrounding the school is pretty rough. It can be scary driving to the school ut once on campus it is safe.

Chantel

“What have I gotten out of my college experience?” Confidence. That’s immediately what pops into my mind. Sure, I’ve gained enough knowledge, practical skills, and officer positions in extra-curriculars to make for one heck of a CV—not to mention friends and mentors I will treasure for a lifetime—but it is combined that these have had the most affect on my life, contributing to a stronger belief in myself that I was lacking in high school. Before college, I never felt like I was much of anything special. Maybe this is because I was home schooled and never had many chances to compare myself to other students to evaluate my progress, or maybe it is because being the youngest sibling to four amazing sisters I spent too much time comparing myself. Or maybe just being a teenage girl is enough of a reason, in and of its self. Whatever the cause, I know that the solution was all the opportunities my school provided for me to prove myself. The value of my attending college hasn’t been of the monetary kind (yet—hopefully, yet), but something I can continually bank on throughout my life: self worth.

Kirsti

The area that it is located in is a really bad part of fort worth, which was a really big turn off when looking at the campus and could really effect those choosing schools.

I have learned that people really don't care about the same things they did in high shcool. This person is dating that person does n't matter in college. I think that the drama free environment is amazing for those who are really focused on their studies and are wanting to finish their education in a timely manner. I learned that you really need to study to get the grades and respect from the teachers that you are looking for.

You should not attend this school if you dont plan to take college seriously. We study alot and are expected to make good grades. If you are not outoging and ready to bring new campus organizations and activities then don't attend.

Jeanne

The classes are small, your instructor knows who you are and you stay with the same people throughout your program.

The lessons I learned in college go beyond the subjects, I learned patience from my Organic Chem professor who allowed me to sit in his office day after day until I understood stoichiometry. I learned competition with a fellow student for grades was not only good for he and I, but also for the rest of the class bringing them up in performance. I learned time management and to never take the small things for granted, celebrate victories no matter how small and always make time for the people you care about.

Professors who have open door policy so when you are having problems you can go in and get tutoring.

Kristal

I have gotten great examples of how I should be a teacher. They have been ggod and bad. I have leaned to listen to all my students and to make sure that I react to their needs. I have also learned that I must keep in touch with my future students when they leave my classroom. The teachers at texas Wesleyan pratice what they preach and make sure that the teachers they put out into the world are fit to do their jobs.

I like how little my school is. I feel like I am remembered by my teachers each semester that I see them in the halls.

My school was the first school to have a black basketball player in texas. It is also known negitively know for the area it is located in. It was crime ridon and poor. The city of Fort Worth is revamping it to bring back people.

Michelle

Once again, my school is well known for its small, personal atmosphere. The students and the professors are all very close, making for a comfortable, safe learning environment. In addition, Texas Wesleyan has an outstanding reputation among local school districts in regards to the preparedness of its graduating teachers.

I would advise myself to stick with it, no matter what. In today?s world, having a college education is an invaluable asset. After graduating high school, it may seem like you have all the time in the world to go to school; however, before you know it, you get married and begin a family. Unfortunately, this often means dropping out of school before completing your degree. It is important to realize how important expanding your education is. College not only teaches you academics, it also teaches you valuable life lessons. This is a time to expand your intellectual knowledge, develop lifelong friendships, and build coping skills that will assist you for the rest of your life. It is also imperative to work hard and take the education you are receiving seriously. Although it may not always be apparent, the information acquired during college will be invaluable throughout your life.

I love the fact that my school is small, allowing professors and students to get to know one another. Another benefit of a small school is the close relationships you are able to develop with your fellow students. Because of the small class sizes, we all get to know each other very well.

Jacob

My classmates are very helpful and friendly.

My classmates are very helpful and friendly.

If I went back in time I would tell myself to take some college courses in high school to get some college credits and knowledge of how hard some of the courses are. I would work on better study habits., high school homework and test where easier than college homework and test are. I would also prepare myself for leaving home and missing my family.

The location from first glance it looks a little ruff, but once you get to the school you realize it is not so ruff.

Martha

If I were able to travel back in time to my high school senior year, I would tell her to trust and believe in herself that she holds the key to unlocking the right furture. I would tell her to relax and remain calm during the hectic times of all her peers being frantic about thier college choices. I would tell her to go for what she knows she could do and attain in her life by choosing the right track. I would tell her to not be afraid of showing her full potential and don't just pick a college from a billboard on the train because it says call today yet she doesnt know why she is calling. I would tell her that the feeling that she has in the pit of her stomach at that very moment is normal and rushing into adulthood choosing the career everyone says she should do isnt really what she wants. I would ask her do you really want to go for something that doesnt fufil her interest. Then I would explain to her the mistake you will make if you don't truly reach for your goals.

Trent

Unlike high school studying is a major part of college. I would have informed myself in high school to make sure and study harder and get my head in the books so to speak. Studying has become a major part of college life and is essential to becoming a successful college student. I would also tell my old self to make sure that I could adequately clean my room because I've slowly foudn out that roommates can be extremely disgusting. Its also important to realize that your professors are not out to get you as is the common misconception. All of my professors have been extremely helpful and always been there whenever I needed to talk to them no matter if it was in person or via email. I would want to make sure that my old self knows that college isnt a scary thing but is something that can be conquered with hard work and perseverence.

The student advising here at the campus is something that I wish i would have known about before becoming a freshman at a university. Its important to pick the right courses and make sure that your adviser knows what they are doing and helps you to pick the correct courses. Otherwise you may end up with the wrong classes and you then thats an even longer process to drop them, and then pick up other classes. And by that time you may actually be behind in the classes so its good to get it done the first time.

The security program which is at my school is relatively non existent. The school is located in a somewhat bad part of town and occasionally there are things that are going on which are of concern to the student body. Yet despite our surroundings we still arent able to change the security around the campus. The lack of security at our campus not only impacts the student body but also the surrounding community.

Texas Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.