The New School

« See more reviews of The New School

I usually tell them how great it is to be able to set your own curriculum. I am in the bachelor program at The New School for General Studies, and the only requirements are that I take a certain number of liberal arts and non liberal arts credits. The rest is up to me! It's fantastic. It's really important to me to be able to study what interests me, and not be forced to take required classes that I have no interest in whatsoever. The New School really maximizes the college experience.

Getting around is really easy and cost-effective compared to more rural areas. I am in New York City, one of few places in the world where you can find any kind of person or world if you really look. I have access to this exciting inventive world and it is my choice whether or not to take advantage of it. If I put my mind to anything I want here I can do it.

When describing The New School, I am liable to tell of the diversity, acceptance and intellect of the students. Being located in New York City gives the school a progressive, modern and exciting spark. My friends hear about how artistic and abstract some of the class discussions can get.

There is a lot of freedom, and the professors are very knowledgeable. It is a great place to make connections. It is a place where students of their chosen fields are the best.

The amazing design of the actual buildings. The freedom in class selection. And supportive staff. They great fun classes

One of the best designs schools, in the best city in the world.

How much I enjoy what I am learning here.

How many languages I hear in the halls

professors, classes, location.

The Proffesors