The University of Alabama

« See more reviews of The University of Alabama

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sports are a large part of the University of Alabama. Football, especially plays a huge role. Because of the success of the football and the tradition it holds, many students strongly support the Crimson Tide football team. Most students look forward to game days and a large portion of the student body attends football games. In addition, there is a large attendance to other sporting events such as basketball, gymnastics and baseball.

Sports are very popular at UA. Yes, football is very popular, but it is not alone. Many people enjoy going to the Basketball, Baseball, and Gymnastics events. On a home football game day in the fall there are tons of fans tailgating, cooking out, and just having a good time. It is something that is a very deep tradition and very fun. There are also many different intramural sports to choose from.

During Fall at Ua there is never a down time, its football football football! We play to win as it is the heart and soul of our campus. It brings our campus together, greeks with non greeks, republicans with democrats, you cant be angry at anyone on gameday. its the biggest festivities of the year! Roll Tide!

Last time we saw Matt Miller this University of Alabama football player was saving the day for the Crimson Tide.

Video of the Rammer Jammer chant following a 41-17 victory over Tennesse