The University of Alabama

« See more reviews of The University of Alabama

The University of Alabama provides many social groups and clubs to accomodate all types of individuals. I would encourage any high school student to consider attending the University of Alabama because no student will ever feel like an outcast or have trouble making friends. Students often attend schools based on their social status and what activities interest them, however, at the University of Alabama there are social clubs for all interests and the faculty do their best to encourage a strong interest in academics and getting involved.

I believe that a person who is not willing to be involved in the many different activities both academic and socially might not be a good fit for the University of Alabama. I have found that everyone I meet is involved in something here at school. There are so many different things to be involved in that you have no time to be homesick because you are constantly doing something like classes, activities or yes football games and other sporting events. So like I said, a person who doesn't want to be involved might not be a good fit!

The University of Alabama welcomes all students. There is a place for everyone to fit in here and thats another thing that makes Alabama so great! The only type of student that should not attend is one that is not hard working or dedicated. It takes a lot of hard work to become good at something, therefore, to be successful in school here you must be a hard worker. Also being dedicated at what we do makes this school one of the best in the Nation. Not only the students, but also the staff have emense pride in this University.

Someone who does not like a challenge should not wish to attend The University of Alabama. The University knows that it has hard-working students enrolled, and give us a lot to handle. They know we can do it, while becoming more strong-willed human beings. Things run like Paul "Bear" Bryant would have liked. You will be trained harder than the rest, almost to the point of wanting to give up. In the end, we will be the champions.

You should not attend this school if you don't want to attend a large university or be around people most of the time. Also, this school is academically driven, so if you aren't academically driven you wouldn't want to attend. Alabama sports is a big deal her too! So, if you don't enjoy sports you should not attend the University of Alabama.

Someone who is uncomfortable with a large school environment. Getting around campus can be overwhelming because it's such a large school. This school may also not be a good fit for someone who doesn't appreciate or like tradition, as many aspects of the school are based on tradition (from sports, to our programs on campus, to our Greek life).

Someone who is not interested in learning to be independent. The University of Alabama emplores you to take on new challenges and responsibilities. There are numerous oppurtunities to grow as an individual and experience many new facets of what life has to offer. Someone not prepared to branch out entirely would not be comfortable UA.

There really is something fo everyone, except maybe a few unique major that UA does not offer degree programs. Check out Alabama online at College Board to see if it has a degree program you ar looking for. If it does definitely visit the campus and meet some of the students, profesors and talk to your area recruiter for Alabama.

Anyone can attend this school. Even though at times it may be stuck in the past or with conservative viewpoints, it is changing and becoming more modern and openly accepting of different kinds of people. It does take time because we are in the South, and many people still have their prejudices however, times are chaning.

If you are not comfortable being around students that usually fall into the middle-class, white, Southern catergory, then attending the University of Alabama may not be right for you. There are plenty of students who do not fall into this catergory themselves, but you must be willing to accept those students who do.