The University of Findlay

« See more reviews of The University of Findlay

Prior to attending the University of Findlay, I wish I would have understood how important time management skills are. Being able to manage the time you spend on classes and other activities, such as a job or social events, allows for a balancing act which will allow you to be successful. I was oblivious to the amount of time I would be spending on going to classes, doing homework, and studying. In order to work off-campus and be able to spend time with family and friends, I had to adjust and learn to manage my time appropriately.

I wish I had known about all the golfcarts. The university has a lot of golfcarts for faculty members, and they are always in the way! I can't count how many times I've almost got ran over by the tiny things popping up from around the corner. They're actually not that hazardous. I just didn't expect them to turn up everywhere, and quite frankly, I get a little jealous when I see them and I'm walking in the rain with my forgotten umbrella.

I wish I had known at the beginning of my college career that I was going to transfer to the University of Findlay from Owens Community College so that I would have taken all of the transferrable classes; this would have saved me a lot of time and money. I also would have like to know at the beginning of college that attending a full-time status helps me obtain more grants and scholarships, thus making getting an education more feasible.

I wish I had looked more into my degree program and had made sure that there were internship opportunities for it. I also would have made sure that there were opportunities to study abroad. I don't want to say that my degree was a waste of time and money as I made some wonderful friends through it, but I could have gotten better opportunities and a more rewarding education elsewhere.

I initially wanted to do pre-vet, but switched before I came. So I guess I wish that I knew I wasn't going to go through, because it may have made me choose a different college. I liked all of my science classes, but I feel that I could have had been a better match with a different school, that would have given me better opportunities.

Administration and Financial aid are not very helpful to students and only assist you if your parents get involved in the suitation. This school does not treat its students as if they are adult, they treat you more like you are still in high school and you need parents permission to do anything, this can get very annoying.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known how much I was gone to have to pay monthly for my tuition. Not knowing, I have to pay 1,277 each month for the next four months.

Just more about the pharmacy program itself. They are not fully accredited so they may have to get rid of the program after this year and I will have to transfer somewhere else.

That there are very few job opportunities for out of state students. Most businesses will not hire you if you're not from Findlay because you go away over breaks.

I wish I would have known what I wanted to do with the rest of my life sooner so I could have attended the college right after high school.