The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

I consider the geographical location on Arkansas State University is the worst thing for me. Whenever strong downpours of rain come then the campus, especially the central area, is horribly prone to flooding. Not to mention the Craighead County is fairly flat land, so Tornado Watches and Warnings are current off and on during the Spring season. This is to be expected since Arkansas is considered the outskirts of Tornado Alley. Also, the university over 300 miles away from the nearest residence of a relative. of mine. However, this helps aid in learning self-dependence as well.

What I would consider worst about my school is the disconnection of faculty and administration with present-time progression. One main example being the thought of having more online-based classes which recieved negative responses from professors and people in higher up positions. However, as a student, I am thankful for the interation that occurs inside the classroom but with more online classes, this could be a benefit and convenience to commuter students and also those that work or intern a lot.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that students are not as social as I thought they would be. Most of the time, they stick with their fraternity or sorority group. I wish that the students were more friendly, and that it would be nothing out of the ordinary to say hello to another student whenever you walk by them on campus. I am a person who loves meeting new people, and I get along with others very easily. I have met a few new friends, but I would like to see everyone be friendly.

As a new student with UTC, the only thing I can really complain about it is parking. UTC has several buildings and classes, but they don't have room for all their students. I have to at school at least 45 minutes before class just to get to my class on time due to their bus system. After you fall into routine though, it gets fairly easy. I'm told they will be trying to fix this problem, but there is no true say on when and where this will actually happen.

The worst thing about my school is their admissions office. A lot of the people that work there seem to be ill-informed and have a short temper when you have questions. I have been told many conflicting things about class pre-requesites and requirements. Questions are never answered the same across the board. You really need to know who to talk to about what to get things taken care of.

The worst thing about UTC is the parking. There isn't nearly enough parking spaces for students on campus, unless you're willing to fork out $250 for a reserved parking pass, and even that spot isn't guaranteed. Luckily I live close enough to campus to where I can walk to campus, but the majority of students do have to put up with this issue.

The only flaw with UTC is that it doesn't offer a lot of activites on-campus on the weekends. Especially for those who aren't as overly social or whose friends leave for the weekend, it's tough to just stay in sometimes with nothing to do on campus on a Friday or Saturday.

We recently have gotten new lighting across most of campus, replacing old bulbs with new energy efficent ones. However, some parts of campus could use the new blubs, because they give off a yellowish/orange glow and do not provide adequate lighting at night--feels sketchy.

I would have to say the lack of classes and resources for the Communication Department. It is so very underfunded and it hurts us, the students because we are not able to learn to the fullest potential when there are so many classes that we need but aren't getting.

I think the worste thing about this campus is the lack of eating choices on campus!! This school provides alot of opportunities for furthering an education, and career oriented therefor, this is the only hting I can come up with!