The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

From around Memphis, I've heard that we are a bunch of party animals and soon to be alcoholics. I've also heard that our school is not very academic oriented.

UTK and UF are constantly head to head for the ranking of #1 party school. A big stereotype is that we don't care about school we just want to party.

That UTK is a huge school and you wont ever meet anyone, you'll just be a "number". thats not true!!! I have met more people that i would ever think!

I would say that the biggest stereotype about UTK is that it is a party school and that everyone who goes here just wants to get drunk all the time.

UTK is known as an ugly campus with lots of bums and homeless people. UTK has a stereotype for being a football campus because of all the orange!

I think a stereotype about UTK is that you have to be Greek affiliated to participate in certain organizations on campus such as SAA or SGA.

UT is a party school, and fraternities and sororities run all student activities. UT students are sometimes seen as irresponsible and wild.

A very southern school with all the students being the same type of student. The students are only concerned with football and partying.

That everyone here is a hick and southern. A lot of people think UT is a school for people who didn't get in to anywhere else too.

you have the frat boys and sorority girls, the hippies, the jocks, the smart people, Asians, the church people, the party people