The University of Texas at Austin Top Questions

Gabriel

The type of person that should attend UT Austin has to be very serious about their goals and willing to test their skills and develop their talents among a wide group of very smart students. You have to be confident about your abilities and willing to put in the extra time to learn as much as you can about the subjects you care most about. You should be open to meeting lifelong friends and take on your projects with a positive and willing attitude.

Victoria

If you're the kind of person who wants the "full college experience", then come here. If you like sitting in the stands alongside 100,000 other screaming fans as kick-off starts and the game begins, then come here. If you think burnt orange looks good with everything, then come here. If you are willing to not only have great professors, but work alongside them as they research, then come here. If you agree that in order to truly live you must train yourself to be present in each moment, then come here, to the University of Texas.

Ashkan

Anyone who has a passion for learning, and wants to have a sense of pride in all aspects their university should attend the University of Texas at Austin.

Chloe

The type of person who attends the University of Texas at Austin is someone who is caring, spirited, and passionate about learning, wants the best education in Texas, yearns for a community of like-minded individuals, and great BBQ. These students bleed-orange, they attend football games, they conduct research, they love live music and they desire the education that can change the world.

Joseph

I believe that someone who is open-minded and thought provoking would be a great fit for the Unitersity of Texas at Austin. The university is rich in diversity, and with that in mind, people in attendance need to be adaptable to different situations. The acceptance of others and the freedom to express yourself are widely practiced within campus life. People who are progressive in their views of the world around them will have an easier time making friends and becoming invovled on campus. Overall, a person who is kind and respectful of differences should attend my school.

miranda

This school is ideal for very outgoing, sociable people who don't have trouble really reaching out in large groups. It can be difficult to find your niche among such a huge student population, and it's vital that you immediately start talking to people, signing up for things and putting yourself out there from day one. There are a lot of opportunities for it, but shy students and those accustomed to a more personalized environment will have some trouble inititally.The main thing to keep in mind is that everyone is in the same boat socially!

Marissa

The kind of person that should attend this school would be people who can adjust to a large campus. There are many opportunities available to you here but you have to be willing to find it. You need to be able to be independent and not rely on counselors for advice and guidance. You will be on your own eventually here. Even though this is true I love this school and I am grateful to be a student at the University of Texas at Austin.

Shahista

Hard-working people should attend this University. There's no room to slack off. If you don't study enough, your GPA will suffer. It's a very difficult school so if you don't know how to study, it will be very hard to do well.

Erica

Someone who is driven to succeed, friendly, and open would do well at UT. Since there are so many people, you have to find your own niche and be open to meeting new people.

Brianna

I feel anyone can attend UT Austin. The school is very liberal and accepting of many different people of many different backgrounds. The curriculum can be very rigorous, considering that a student must be top 8{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of their high school graduating class to be automatically accepted, however, everyone seems to do well and excel once they become comfortable with the workload. UT has a wide variety of majors, making the school an easy choice for people with many different interests. This school is definitely one of the most diverse and friendly campuses that Texas has to offer.

Melanie

The type of person that should attend the University of Texas at Austin are students that are interested in bettering their life through education. These people should be opend minded to the diverse cultures UT has and the mind set each individual at the school has. The students should also love a challenge, because UT is a tier one school it is considered one of the more challenging universities. However, even though UT is a difficult school, it is not an imposibility to graduate. But, it is not for the faint of heart either.

Yolanda

Someone who is looking for adventure and an opportunity to meet many different people and also get a great education.

Riley

People who like a big school in an urban setting, and are willing to put in the work that will be required of them.

Olivia

Liberals with open minds and enthusiastic about KEEPING AUSTIN WEIRD.

Andrea

Someone who can handle large class sizes in the beginning, but who wants individual attention eventually.

abriele

Someone who is dedicated not only to their studies but to their community.

Audra

The University of Texas at Austin is an excellent school for students who are serious about learning and want to have the experience of attending a well established, traditional school. The experience that you will have cannot be compared to anything else, and the memories will last a life-time.

Freeman

UT Austin is not for the faint of heart. You have to work hard for the quality education you receive at this institution. Students must be driven, passionate about learning, and determined to leave their mark on the world.

Zaida

A person who is contemplative about their education and what they want to do with their life.

Mohit

A person who is ready to take on a challenge and has the potential to work hard. This school takes the best of the best, however it admits those students who have the potential to take this university to the next level. Academics is extremely improtant, however it is a holistic process and they want students who aspire to succeed. That is why the motto is, "What Starts Here Changes The World", and that statement is true to its core. Be prepared to grow not just as a student, but as an responsible individual in society.

Morgan

Someone who is dedicated to his or her education and wants to make a difference in the world should attend UT. UT offers a wide range of degrees but you have to be willing to work hard for them. You have to be willing to study for at least 4-6 hours a day on top of classes and extra curricular activities. The University has high standards for all of its students and provides all of the resources necessary to do well.

Ashleigh

I think UT has a lot to offer to any kind of student. However, coming from a large high school (4000+ students) I was comfortable finding my way in UTs large population (50,000+). A student from a smaller environment might have more trouble adapting. If you're interested in being in a diverse environment, and would like to have the opportunity to meet and study with students from all over the world this is the place for you! This part of UT has allowed me a truly global perspective, which is a fantastic quality in this globalized world!

shereen

An outgoing personality would thrive in "a city that never sleeps." The ultimate college experience inhabits the city of Austin, Texas. WIth the many bars, eateries, activities (shopping, river-rides, the bat caves, etc.), it's impossibe to get bored!

Nick

Anyone can attend this school. It is extremely diverse, with all kinds of races/ethnicities, social groups, ages, genders, etc. It is a huge school and offers something for everyone.

Carilu

The University of Texas at Austin is a place where someone wants to be because it provides many opportunities that can help further your education. It allows student to become indepent and helps explore the many majors UT has to offer. If you can't decide on a major don't worry there are many faculty who are willing to help you out. UT is looking for students who are willing to succeed in life and don't give up easily.

HyeRyung

People with geniuine interest in their studies, people who love to have fun, and people who have school spirit/pride would love UT Austin.

Rebecca

The kind of person that would attend UT would be a person who accepts diversity and who treats others equally no matter what their gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, and religion is. They accept academic challenges and will pursue them with honesty and integrity. This person wants to make an impact on the world and understands that this journey starts here.

Adeela

People who are self-efficient and know how to use great time management.

Caitlin

A person who wants a good quality education who is willing to work hard.

Lisa

Someone who isn't afraid of a challenge, who can stay hungry and pursue what he or she wants with absolute conviction. No one will hold your hand here, but you will reap great rewards if you apply yourself.

Andrew

One who is willing to put in a good effort towrds your major. This is definitely not a school to just cruise through.

Anyone willing and ready to learn. They definiately need to be acedemically drivin.

Amy

Austin is full of every kind of person imaginable. The University is full of hard-working and driven people. It is a challenging school; however, there is always something to do. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, whether it be Greek life, intramurals, or a school sponsored organization. The city of Austin never sleeps; it is full of music, art, museums for the musician, artist and traveling enthusiast. This area is considered majority liberal; however, there are many opportunities for all students of all races and backgrounds, all religions and all schools of thought.

Alexander

People who can handle large classes and big cities, I see a lot of people who seem overwhelmed when they first got here. My graduating class in high school was nearly 800, which is a fraction of UT but I felt like I was better prepared for the experience than some people from small schools. Overall it is a great school and there is something and someone for everyone to enjoy and get along with!

Carolyn

A person that is able and willing to work really hard, studying, and staying attentive in lectures. A person that stays studying 2 or more hours a class and will read and do all the course assingments.

Anthony

From my experience, anyone and everyone looking at college should at least give this college a try. Some applicants may have a preconcieved notion of a "liberal" campus, but people of all kinds of beliefs and backgrounds come here anyway.

Katherine

Someone who is looking for a campus that is not focused on partying or being on a large party campus. Our school is laid back but we can still have a great time. Students are dedicated to working hard.

Noa

The ideal student for the University of Texas at Austin must have the following qualities: They must come to class prepared and ready to work - classes are difficult. They must love football and have a certain appreciation for collegiate sports. They must be prepared to showcase their pride and spirit. They must not be afraid to be surrounded by over 90{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} Texas residents. They must love warm to broiling weather. On a social level, those that assimilate the best into the average Texan society must have some love for Greek Life, or prepare for an abundance of independency.

Rosebelle

The kind of person that should attend the University of Texas is a person that is dedicated to their studies and responsible especially in time management. It's important to be the kind of person that is able to comprehend and apply the information and knowledge that is learned in class - memorization is not enough.

Kimberly

The University of Texas is extremely large and the city is primariy centered around the campus and the college students so one must be fairly outgoing in order to attend such a big university. However, there are so many opportunities on campus and in Austin, that pretty much anyone can find something that interests them.

Colin

One who is comfortable with oneself should attend this school. UT is a huge college full of an unimaginable variety of students. Each has something to offer, and what makes the college so special is that everyone enjoys offering their own perspectives and ideas. We like people who will stir the pot and incite discussions or even a little controversy.

Joseph

The kind of person that should attend this school is one who is willing to go the extra mile in his studies. Studying alot but not going one hundred percent won't get you anywhere here at my school. The type of person that should also attend this school is one that is comfortable with diversity as well as taking class with three hundred or more students. The student shall be able to adapt to a school that is humongous with buildings everywhere.

Kelsey

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who wants to achieve and is willing to work hard. The University of Texas is not an easy school and slackers will not survive here.

Rachael

Someone who is tolerant of other people and other ideas. Also, someone who is intellectually as well as artistically stimulated. Austin's a very diverse cultural center that pride's itself on the art forms (music, film, etc) produced in it. It is also a very intelligent city and general knowledge, as well as knowledge of current events, is very helpful in starting new relationships.

Jose

A person that is ready for a challange and ready to face adversity should attend my school. If someone wants to attend the University of Texas at Austin, they must be very knowledgeable, school spirited, and outgoing. The school is definately very competitive and one of the best in the U.S. You must be ready to face a difficult challange of rigorous coursework, and must show lots of school spirit and pride in all sports and extra-curricular activities. You must explore and see what Austin, Texas has to offer you.

Nina

Do you like to socialize? Do you like options? If you do, then the University of Texas is for you! You can enjoy life at the Forty Acres and be one of the 50,000 students pursuing pharmacy, business, engineering, architecture, liberal arts, or natural science degrees. With hundreds of classes to select from, you are bound to find classes that interest you. And when you?re ready to play, UT offers various extracurricular activities and fun events. So, for all socials out there who like diversity, we welcome you to our community.

Tabita

The University of Texas at Austin is diverse. If you like big campuses and a variety of people, this is the school for you.

Someone who is very commited to their education. Attendees should think of college as a way to change the world in the future.

Any type of person should attend here.

Jeremiah

This school is so large that almost anyone could come here and find friends with similar interest to theirs. Although I would recommend that the person who come's here not have a problem being in a competitive environment with many other students.