The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

« See more reviews of The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

I wish I had known more about how their housing department was set up. The housing itself is nice and very convenient to both the school and the local businesses frequented by college students (a.k.a. Wal-Mart), but I've already had to move 3 times since I've lived here :( That has not been such a pleasant experience. The prices are also quite a bit higher here for a room smaller than something offered off-campus. Even with all the bills paid on-campus, it would still be possible to find something cheaper elsewhere.

I wish I had known how important it was to ALWAYS be on time. Many of the professors take promptness and attendance into account when they are grading. In addition, it is exceedingly difficult to succeed in many of the classes when you miss any portion of the lecture. I also wish I had known that what I called 'studying' in high school is worthless for college. College requires a high degree of dedication and often, the students have to completely learn a new means of studying.

I wished that I had known that most of the students goes home on weekend. I don't have a car so I don't get to go home much. The campus was deserted and there was not much to do.

The professors would have been a little easier to accomodate with during varsity seasons. Many teachers wouldn't help a student-athlete when they would leave to be out of town.

I wish someone had told me to get to know my professors and let them get to know me.

Certain teachers reputations, the toughness of certain teachers.