The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

« See more reviews of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

The worst thing about my school is actually nothing to be honest. I live on campus and I interact alot with the faculty and staff. I think the only way you could not like my school is if they don't offer your major of studies, but then again my school is awesome with the fact that if they don't offer the major they work with you on their branches of education connection with other university's and help you with the basics you need and they help transfer you over to that school if you get accepted.

The worst thing about my school is the shear vastness of it. There's so many different buildings that have a variety of different classes. The buildings aren't properly labeled and it can be confusing at times. The parking is also an issue especially for freshman. Parking designated for freshman is so far away from the campus that you have to come 10-20 minutes earlier jsut to find parking and then to walk over to your class.

I prefere large matropolis areas, and the city of Edinburg is medium size city; dont get me wrong the city has all your essential needs and somewhat of a selection of entertainment off campus, and down the road is McAllen Texas which is a growing large city with all entertainment needs within a fifteen minute drive from the campus. All in all not really that big of deal.

The worst thing about my school is that it doesn't offer as many specialty majors and is in a really small town. There isn't a lot of cultural opportunities to experience and some of the people that attend my school just bring down school spirit.

The worst thing about my school would be the cafeteria or the food services. Even though restaurants are within walking distance of the school, if you don't have time and want a quick lunch, food tends to be expensive and not very good.

worse thing? maybe diversity. I think it's 80%+ hispanic, but that's the area that's all... I don't even think it's a bad thing. I don't really see a downside... Everyone is pretty nice and friendly.

The worst thing about my school is the tuition. Tuition here at UTPA is high for the area. Most students go to a local college and transfer to this university later to avoid paying a lot of tuition.

The worst thing is that there isn't much probabilities to get involved in social activities if you are not involved in fraternities, sororities or living on campus.

The worst thing about my school would be the size of the campus is small. The reason being that it would be fun to have more places in the university to relax.

Need more music practice rooms! There are more and more musicians attending pan am, but not enough practice rooms to accommodate all students.