The University of West Florida

« See more reviews of The University of West Florida

I can only speak for the Maritime Studies degree, but if a person is interested in any aspect of the maritime environment, UWF is the school to attend. From marine biology classes to oceanography, marine archaeology to environmental law, the courses are outstanding. Whether you want to work on the political side of conservation, or in the field, or whether you want to focus on anthropology and ship dives, there's a well rounded curriculum to achieve your goals. UWF is relatively small and personable with dedicated educators and a great student body.

The best person to come to this campus is a person that loves the outdoors and the environment. There is always something going on outside. There's a nature trail that is beautiful. Also someone who is really into the arts like theatre and music because we have a fantastic theatre program who performs 4-5 shows a year, including two of them as musicals. This school is also a science school so anyone who is into any of the sciences especially maritime studies and marine biology. The labs for these courses are usually done at the beach.

A prospective student should be willing to learn and grab every opportunity given at the University of West Florida. All of the resources are available for a student who is ready for a challenge to balance school, work, and extracurricular activities. UWF gets a stereotype for being an "easier" school because we are in Pensacola and our school is not really known. Students have to work hard because UWF offers very tough Business, Education, and Health Programs that people will not expect.

This campus would be ideal for a student who enjoys ruarl settings, a small campus , and a small community of people. Everyone in this school, do to its small size tends to be reconginize each other. Students who enjoy one on one attention for teacher will be please to know the UWF has a student teacher ratio of one to twenty-five. This campus is the perfect campusfor students who do not enjoy the big city life and instead like the family feel of a small community.

The kind of person that should attend The University of West Florida, is an individual that is dedicated to complete a secure step towards their future. They engulf all of the information that all of the professors lecture, and possess the dedication to continue and complete their educational goals. This school requires commitment, endurance, and determination in order to be successful at this university.

If you want to become part of Greek life, you should go here. The Greek life scene is pretty big and there isn't much to do on campus if you don't want to go Greek. Also, if you are into partying-this might be the place for you. I haven't met many people who don't like to party and people are always going out Thursday-Sunday.

The kind of person that should attend this University is someone who likes a smaller, more interactive setting in the classroom. A student who likes to study in quiet settings and not in loud groups, this school is very small and the professors interact with the students in a very timely manner.

This school is ideal for hard working students. It is impossible to slack off and pass. You must be determined in order not to fall behind. This school is challenging, which in turn provides a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of each semester.

The University of West Florida is an amazing school for students who are down-to-earth, who prefer to be educated in a small classroom setting, and who enjoy having professors that are truly interested in the success of their students.

Someone who wants a relaxed but intellectual school. If they want a good relationship with their fellow students and professors, it's the place to be. The campus has a lot of trails, and the beach is minutes away.