The University of West Florida

« See more reviews of The University of West Florida

The University of West Florida is a place of new beginnings; every student is basically granted a clean slate to work with. This almost-cliche statement is more than true. Most everybody you will meet is driven to academically succeed to gain credentials to find a career. The most successful and most genuine students toss their high-school baggage at the front door; it does not matter what you accomplished in high school, how many dates you recieved, or if you were the class jock or star student. Those who carry those burdens with an inflated head will be hindered.

I believe everyone should attend my university! The University of West Florida has great professors and great learning outcomes. My university strives to push diversity, in which there are many organizations that will fit anyone's needs. We strive to not leave anyone behind. If someone is in need of help, it is always avaliable, especially when I was a first time freshman last semester.

Someone who needs people around all the time and requires lots of parties shouldn't go here. It's a fairly quiet campus, especially on weekends, because so many people commute or live nearby, so they usually go home instead of hang around. The city is also military oriented, so many places are closed by midnight, and the few clubs close at 2 or 3 am.

A person who loves being in a big city, and wants to attend a huge college. Someone who wants the big football stadiums and big basketball arenas because UWF doesn't have that. UWF doesnt have a football team, but I wish they did. The basketball arena is not very big. This school is for someone who enjoys a nice size school.

Someone who doesn't handle stress well. Often times at this school, small things happen that upset me that I really can't do anything about. Things that could be avoided if the administration worked a little harder or cared a little bit more. Also, people with diet restrictions. The options are not adequate.

People who may prefer the big crowd atmosphere in classrooms with over 200 students, or big time athletes would probably not want to attend this school. The University of West Florida is not a huge college like Florida State, nor is it a division I school. UWF is a mid-size, division II college.

I think this school is fit for anyone who is willing to put in the effort in their studies, prepared to study at least 20 hours a week. Definetly someone who is able to stay focused; that is not only at the University of West Florida, but at other post- secondary schools also.

A person who loves a huge school and big classes. A football player should not attend the school because there is no football team. A person that needs to party every night should not attend this school because it really is not a big party school.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is the student that doesn't appreciate nature (as the campus is on a nature preserve), the student who wants to avoid the party scene, or the student who wants to be exceedingly challenged.

Someone who is not self-motivated to learn. If you don't want to learn, or introduce new prospectives into your life then there's no point in going to college at all. You can keep your beliefs and opinions and still experience everything.