Three Rivers Community College Top Questions

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, I would tell myself that it's okay to fail. In fact, you will learn to appreciate failure. I’d explain to myself that if you do not run into difficulties, you are not moving forward. So fall down, get rejected from your first choice, and if you’re going to fail, fail spectacularly, just as long as you force yourself to get back up again. Remember, hard work will get you far in life and failure just allows you the opportunity to work harder and prove what you’re made of. Above all, understand that resiliency is virtue that will carry you far in life, never underestimate it.

The most important and valuable advice I can give you is to stay focused on your ultimate goal of graduating college. Your whole life will be different. As a result so many more doors will be open to you. It's easy to get off track with everything else that is going on around you. Remember the good times you had here and take them with you. Who you were in highschool doesn't define who you will be in life. College will be the first place for you to have the freedom and responsibilty to make your own decisions. Here you will take the concepts and abilities you gained in highschool and use them to think through the issues set before you. This is your chance to not just show effort and get rewarded this will be your opputunity to take control and produce results. Take action, take risks, the only regrets you'll have will be the one's you didn't take!

Cassidy

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, assuming I know what I would know as a college freshman, I would have taken it more aggressively. I allowed myself to be manipulated into attending school in a location that was not my first pick. Given the choice 'if it does not work out, you can always transfer., but that is easier said then done. I attended school in Boston for a semester, but had Florida as a first choice. I am now back at home, because Boston did not work out. I am trying to get my priorities together so I can continue my major down in Florida, a location I know will make me happier. Though it will take time, it will be worth it. Saving money is a big thing for me to do right now so I can get to where I wish to be, to achieve my goal in a state of happiness.

i would tell myself to start getting into a pattern of studing regularly, and tell myself to start preparing for a transpher to a 4-year college in the first semester. i would tell myself to go for a 4-year degree in Electronics first, since the job i want in criminal justice requires me to be a cop. i would also tell myself to to save my money and start learning about student loans and scholarships.

Nicolas

There is one thing that I would have to tell myself knowing what I know now. Enjoy every second of your senior year however be prepared for what is ahead because it is a new world out of high school. Most of your friends that you have grown up with arn't going to be there anymore. Everyone who you ever blamed for your faults are going to be gone. Your not going to have anyone to blame for your wrong doings but yourself. Don't wait until April to apply for your colleges, if you don't get into the one that you want your going to have a tough time finding one that will accept you on that short of notice. Get everything done as soon as you possibly can, so you can do excally what every senior wants to do their final year of high school. After working so hard for three and a half years, every senior wants to slack off the last few months of high school and relax. Everyone knows that after that is over there is no more slacking because your not protected by everything youve grown up with. Your on your own.

If i went back in time to my senior year i would definately tell my self to stay on top of my assignments. I always procrastinated and waited than had to hustle and rush what ever it was i was working on. If i didnt procrastinate all through high school my grades probably would of been better and it may of made me eligible for grants and scholarships earlier on so i wouldnt be struggling now. I would definately stress that the most because in college you set your pace, someone isnt there telling you to do your homework or to hold your hand like they do in college. They try to prepare you but you dont really know until your in college. So my advice is to not procrastinate and to make the school i have to pay for worth it.

1. Choose your academic major wisely. You have no idea what sort of life events may derail you from your long-term goals and you should be prepared to enter the workforce with useful skills in as short a time as possible. (Note: A Pre-medical/Sociology degree will NOT provide those skills.) 2. If tempted to embark on a journey that ends with the letters M.D., then take the route labeled B.S.N. and make the extra effort to complete the medical school prerequisites in addition to your Nursing coursework. Too many brilliant pre-medical students are left with useless Bachelor's degrees for one reason or another. 3. Volunteer in your chosen field and anywhere else you enjoy! Get involved in the community and make connections with others. This is the best opportunity you will ever receive to prove yourself to those who will have the choice to hire you in the future. Even the best job interview will not win over a documented work ethic and integrity. 4. Take your time to meet interesting people and forge meaningful friendships. At the end of the day, happiness matters the most. 5. Do NOT date Scott. Ever.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school I think I would tell myself to take more college/high school co-op classes so that I would be ahead when I actually got to the college instead of taking mostly electives my senior year. I also would have applied to every single scholarship including completing the FAFSA audit. I would have worked harder and retaken my SATS and ACTS so I would be ahead. Mostly I would have saved money that I earned for college.