Tuskegee University

« See more reviews of Tuskegee University

The most frustrating thing about my school is registering for classes, because the online database will sometimes not allow you to register for your preferred classes even if you have the right amount of credit hours. Thus, you have to get signatures from the professor, in whose class your trying to register for. Also, this means that you have to find them in their office if they are actually there during office hours, and sometimes they are not.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not knowing the right people to talk to. Coming in as a freshman, everything and everyone is new to you. It is important to form relationships with not only people in high places but also the people who are connected to them. With out those connections college can be difficult, especially if you need things done a certain way by a certain time.

The most frustrating thing about Tuskegee University is the campus rules, because there are so many that the most simpliest thing you could receive a fine for. Also, with the school being stuck on tradition we have separate dorms and sides of the campus for each sex with a curfew to be on their respective sides with no dorm visitation of opposite sexes at all.

We have the "Skegee Run Around," this takes place at the beginning of the semester and consist of students running to attempt to find a teacher (who aren't there yet) and get registered. They also never answer a question, you have to look in twenty different places.

The most fustrating thing about the school is the financial aid process. Although I was the valedictorian of my high school class, i wasn't awarded at full scholarship to the university. Instead I received a good but not enough amount to help me out.

The most frustrating thing about my school is when it comes to getting into your dorm or the school for that matter before class begins they sometimes give you the run around. Some semesters its easy to get in without a hassle and others its not.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the staff's work ethic. They are not exactly quick to perform a task. One must be really patient with them because nothing is every really done in the most timely fashion.

The most frustrating thing about Tuskegee University would have to be communication with advisors, and faculty. Calling the school during summer hours can be frustrating because many of the facukty do not answer.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of work that you are assigned all at once. My advice to prospective students is to stay focused and do not fall behind.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be dealing with administration when it comes to financial issues.