Union University

« See more reviews of Union University

Union is a great school for students looking to grow knowledge and grow in thier spiritual life as well. Union is a hardcore conservative Southern Baptist Chrisitian school so a majority of the student body consists of private and home schooled students. So if you're someone looking to party, hook up with guys/girls, or come from a Liberal background, it's going to be really hard to enjoy and get involved at Union. I know this because i came from a public high school and was shocked when i came here.

It's really kind of hard to say what kindof student should not attend this school. It is a Christian college that promotes Christian morals. This college does promote that there is a need to have Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior. But, a person is not going to be chastised for not having a relationship with Jesus. It is going to make it very hard for them though. In everything that is done at Union University, there is a sense that this is done to glorify God and to spread the Gospel.

Only students who are seeking a Christian environment, and life style while obtaining a degree at a university known for its excellent educational standard, should attend Union University. Individuals who are not comfortable with structure and expectations of excellence would have difficulty being successful. Although there are many opportunities at Union, if an individual's focus is social opportunities and not academic growth it will be a disappointing environment.

I tried to think of people who wouldn't benefit from the education and experiences offered by Union, and I keep coming up short. The best answer would be to say that someone who is not a Christian would have to make sure s/he understood that Union approaches education with a Christian mindset. However, I would not say that someone who is not a Christian shouldn't attend Union, because I think Union provides quality education for anyone.

Someone who doesn't want to learn and just go to college to get away from the parents and party should not go to Union. People who do not want religion brought into the classroom should not come here because we like to incorporate Christ in everything that we do on campus, and we don't apologize for that! If you want to stay cooped up in your room, this is not the place to go.

Any completely or mostly liberal thinkers would find it very hard to be content with the teaching style here. And anyone homosexual or bi-sexual would not fit in at all and be very unhappy attending this school. Though some students and professors are open-minded about these things, they are definitely in the minority of the population.

Union is an incredible, faith-based university that places great emphasis on challenging its students both spiritually and academically. If a student is not looking for a rigorous academic environment, or faith-based education, then Union may not be the school for them.

If you are looking to party and do drugs this school is not for you. The majority of the students here value the money spent for thier education, and they focus very hard on their studies. This school has strong rules against drugs and alcohol.

An extremely liberal person because this is a conservative campus. I consider myself a moderate and was ok at the school; I loved it. I know people who were really liberal at the school, some still loved the school and other were frustrated.

Slackers and those not wanting to be challenged in ways that stretch them both academically and spiritually. You have to be willing to live by the rules and on the whole that is not hard and for your benefit to do so.