Union University

« See more reviews of Union University

Union University is a family, a rigorous academic institution, with a perfect balance of size and space, accommodations and resources. The faculty and staff are highly involved, intriguing, engaging, and personable. They genuinely care about the students here at Union. Union is called union for a reason, we are unified as a school, an institution, a family and in Christ. Integrated faith and learning is a high priority here. Everyone matters, and here, there is a perfect balance of work and play. I don't regret a single moment here. Union has become my second family.

It is a Christian based college and a large amount of students and the professers are Christians. That is why I chose to go there although the tution is higher than some other colleges. I am solely responsible for my own financial expenses as my family can not help me. This has been a challenge. I met a friend for life the very fist day. The third day of school last Febuary, tornadoes hit our school and completely destroyed the student housing. In all the destruction I found that the faith of the students was mega. Everone pulls together.

That it is a small Christian college. Because it is small, you get to know or at least recognize just about everyone on campus and the professors. There is a slower, more relaxed pace and everybody is pretty much friendly. It's more personal. The Christian part: regardless of your denomination, the Christian worldview is taught in the classrooms so that not only do you learn your academics, you learn it from a Christian standpoint and it strengthens and doesn't undermine your faith like perhaps learning in a secular school might do.

I think the best thing about my school is how much everyone cares about each other. The teachers truly care about the students here and their success. I feel valued here and I know the teachers want me to do my very best. They are personal and want to help you succeed. The students care about each other too. Last year, after my school was hit by a major tornado, the school banded together. We were constantly praying for the students who were still in the hospital and we couldn't wait for them to return to school.

The sense of community is the best thing about Union University. Even though the student body is diverse in a lot of ways, our pride in Union unites us. After a devastating tornado hit our campus, we were able to bond in an amazing way. We grew together as we rebuilt the school that we love so much. When you come to Union, you get to be in a wonderful supporting community that has enough diversity to make it interesting but enough commonality to make you feel welcome and loved.

The best thing about Union University is the environment in which students study. The campus is filled with loving and caring professors who desire to build relationships with students no matter their major or minor. The professors, faculty, and staff do their best to make the learning environment comfortable. Also, Union University is a very loving environment where everyone feels like family.

The school spirit and unity is very significant; I have been encouraged and inspired by it. The community of internationals and missionary kids draws me in, providing me with familiarities from home (I grew up as a missionary kid in Africa). I have also found the art department to be a wonderful learning environment, and that is a main reason why I chose Union University.

The professors. They are tops and the vast majority of them obviously love teacing. They are also very willing to be involved in students lives. I have several personal mentors through professors, I do a weekly book study with a small group of students in one professors house with him and his wife. The professors here really make the school what it is.

There is always someone there to turn too. College years can be difficult because they are about figuring yourself out and your future. At Union University, you can have the social life you want as willing as you put forth the effort. There are a lot of caring people there that will be there for you whenever you should need them. People care.

I would say that one of the worst things about my school is the fact that the majority of the students and professors are a part of the Souther Baptist Convention, so there is not a very wide variety of beliefs and world views. This can be postitive and I appreciate recieving a Christian education, but it also is a somewhat limited education.