University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

The University of Arizona is an excellent institution for students in that it provides a myriad of academic and professional oppotunites in many different fields of study. For example, as an undergraduate student planning to attend medical school, I was able to immerse myself in many course, volunteer, and employment opportunities on-campus, especially at the University of Arizona Medical Center, which is a world leader as a "teaching hospital", a research innovation center, and clinical care facility. Additionally, this college is an integral part of the Tucson community due to its associations with major companies in the area.

The University of Arizona is what you would call an aesthetic school. There is so much attention to detail that was observed when crafting its brilliance. Every tree i has its purpose, every archway its unique degree. From Old Main, constructed in 1885, to the contemporary Student Union Memorial Center, beauty has permeated through years of history. Even more worthy of appraisal is the meaning behind important campus monuments. Numerous war memorials are scattered across the university, ranging from passed soldiers' dogtags to pieces of the USS Arizona itself. The greatest respect is shown for the sacrifices made by Americans.

The main campus - its beautiful! It has almost everything a student needs, both for purchase and free. Most of the restaurants and stores within are really nice, even though a bit expensive. The free services like tutoring, safe rides, shuttles etc. are really benefical to students. A well-kept, clean campus, the University of Arizona is very successfull in providing a safe environment for the students. The whole campus is equipped with emergency phone booths that lights up as the user is connected to the campus police department. It would only make sense to brag about such a great campus!

Everything! University of Arizona offers many top noch restaurants, game rooms, a movie theater, post office, a Fast Copy shop, IT Support, state of the art bookstore and more. This is all located in the Student Union building! Everything feels very new and modern. Also they have a Student Transfer Center just for students who are new to the university. The University of Arizona is dedicated to making each student feel welcome. There's a center and experts for just about everything you need to be successful. Best of all, the professors are very inspiring, interesting and they really care.

Our school has a professional faculty with an emphasis on research and career based goals. we are the only school in the nation with a federal space grant. this means the government pays our school to research space and any space based technologies. our professors helped build and control the Phoenix Mars lander in conjuction with NASA. University of Arizona also has one of the top twenty business schools in the nation for those students interested in a business career. Our business school has produced hundreds of fortune 500 CEO's and they always come back to inspire current students .

When promoting the University of Arziona to friends, especially my brother who is attending ASU, I usually talk about the social atmosphere and campus. Living forty-five minutes out from the campus, I can notice the difference almost immediately the mood of acceptance ad diversity. At the U of A, there is room for everyone as corny as that sounds. There are sports groups, film groups, religious groups, political groups, LGBTQA groups, cultural groups, writing groups, book groups, etc. And each of these groups meets somewhere beautifully built or upkept at the university.

The University of Arizona is really beautiful and exciting. There are always things going on at the Campus. The weather is amazing, generally sunny and warm with the rare rainy or cold days. The academic programs are amazing, such as business or astronomy. The school spirit is crazy here, it is so much fun to sit at the zona zoo section at the football games! Overall, my favorite is the selection of classes. I am a business major, but have taken Philosophy (my favorite), Astronomy, sociology, Ancient Roman Culture, and other interesting courses, just in my first year!

School Pride! Everyone is proud to be a wildcat at the University of Arizona. Our students are always wearing UofA gear, our "Bear-down" motto is well-known for its legendary origin, our student section (ZonaZoo) is the biggest in the Pac-10, and our mall hosts tons of exciting events year round. My favorite events have been the "Ram Jam Tour" with student snowboarders jumping off a three story structure with snow from Mt. Lemon, club olympics with a mud tug-of-war pit and muddy students everywhere, and tail-gaits with free chipotle before every home football game!

This university has many clubs and organizations to help students fit in. Although it seems huge, you do meet alot of people. You make friends easily and the staff is also friendly. It has world recognized teachers to teach courses in which they are specialized in. This campus is very green, contains many plants, considering its in the desert. You may even see some wildlife around. It has an old-fashioned brick structure to it that is beautiful. There is a large food court and a beautiful university street to escape the school stress and eat and shop with friends.

The University of Arizona is a place where career dreams commence in a relaxed environment of students. Not only does it provide challenges for students through the Honors College, but opportunities for pioneering various clubs for students with unique talents and common interests with its current accomodations of over 500 student run clubs. The staff members and programs at the University of Arizona ensure that students both learn and persue their dreams uninterrupted at a high standard, one that is also expected from adults in the real working world.