University of Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Arkansas

Being a part of a sports team, associated student govt., intermurals, and greek life are really popular. Most all freshmen live in the dorms. Athletic events are really popular and the student section is packed. We've had some really intersting guest speakers such as Anderson Cooper and the Foo Fighters came for free as well. There dating scence is people tend to date people in thier social circle ie greeks dates greeks. People are also into long term relationship. People party Thursday- Saturday. People do more than party though, some people like to study and go out to dinner and others enjoy going to the clubs, bars and frats,. Overall if you don't want to drink you don't have to. Religious organizations are really popular as well, and many students are Christians. Off campus people go out to eat and shopping.

Students in dorms leave doors open...not unless their stupid or going to the bathroom. awake at 2am on Tuesday...hopefully not but most likely studying or at an ADPi function met my closest friends in 4-H or ADPi (plus my sister) fraternities and sororities are involved a lot on campus and make up 18% or more of the student body. usually greeks are involved in much more than just their organization. Saturday night...bowling, movies, dancing on Dickson Street, see a play at Walton Arts Center, see a concert, shopping, eat out, ice skating or swimming at the Jones Center Last weekend...went to the drive-in theater, shopping, farmhouse camp-out, study for upcoming tests and went home for sunday dinner

The UofA has a great greek program, everyone fits in somewhere and it is a great way to meet new people and it really does help your GPA, my GPA has rose dramatically since I joined Alpha Delta Pi last fall. The University of Arkansas also offers many educational speakers that are usually free to attend which I think is good to do on a College campus because most college students are broke most of the time. The two dorms that I have lived in made me feel safe, I would however lock my door at night because my roommate was never there and i do not really like leaving my door open when i am sleeping. Usually if i am awake at 2 in the morning i am studying for tests.

Greek Life seems to be big at the UofA. When I lived in a dorm room doors were not left open on the girl's side but they were on the boy's side. Athletic events are very big, especially football and basketball. Every year football players hold fan day where you can go and meet the players get their signature. I'm not sure about Saturday night but I know that on Friday night in the Union there is Friday Night Live where each week the University puts on differant events and has differant people come in to talk. For example, there is a casino night, or a winter ball.

Probably the most popular thing to join in Arkansas is a sorority/fraternity. Many people here go through Rush and attempt to pledge. I am currently in a sorority and love it. It is a great way to meet people and make lasting friendships. Students in my dorm are very friendly and we all leave our doors open constantly. The dorm is a great way to meet people. If I'm awake at 2 a.m. on a tuesday, i am either doing homework, or procrastining doing homework, or talking with friends. It happens often! There are many religious groups on campus a person can join also.

Probably the most popular thing to do on the weekend is hang out at a frat house, but like I said before it's not the only thing to do. There is always activites going on in the residential halls and with other organizations. A lot of girls like to drive to Rogers to shop at the Promanode shopping center. Also, there is Devils Den state park which is BEAUTIFUL and so much fun. We camp and hike there quite often, along with a lot of students here at the U of A. It seems to be a very popular place to hang out for the weekend or even take a fun day trip!

There is no where to eat on campus about 60% of the time, and when something is open is over priced junk food. The only thing going on here is a mediocre football team that everyone is obsessed with but no one outside of Arkansas cares about. Most if not all of the events that the University is involved with are pathetic, stuff that I thought was lame in high school. Pep rallies, costume dances, DDR tournaments, dumb carnivals. If you are in a sorority or fraternity, I guess they have fun, if you don't mind buying your friends.

I love the fact that everyone is involved in the sports Everyone has a sport that they love, if not more that one, and Arkansas makes the games entertaining. I love football season, and can not wait for next year. Living in the dorms is one of the ways I made a lot of my friends. Reid hall is amazing! If you live in Reid, there's a good chance you are rushing, so it's fun to meet all the girls before hand. I think maple hill might throw the Reid groove off a bit, but it will still be fun next year.

Arkansas social life is great! it's really Greek oriented though, i am a Kappa Kappa Gamma here. I love it! Athletic events are extremely popular, and if i'm awake at 2 on a tuesday i'm either studying or coming in late from a function or party that i went to that night. I can do lots of things that don't involve drinking, but most all of them cost money. I love sitting around watching a movie or playing cards with friends though, at their houses or apartment.

Social life is fun at the U of A. There are lots of different groups and activities going on all the time that there is never a time to be bored if you dont want to be. Being in a sorority is pretty cool because every girl is different and you meet the certain girls you click with and become great friends with them. Its just a lot easier way to meet new fun people when you are with them a lot and have a lot of things in common.