University of California-Davis

« See more reviews of University of California-Davis

Davis is welcoming to everyone. However, people who can't stand cold, rainy days might wish to consider a different campus. Also, Davis is very bike-oriented. If for some reason an applying student suffered from an acute fear of bicycles, they may wish to rescind their application. Furthermore, people who can't tolerate the smell of cows should think twice before setting their hearts on Davis, as we proudly own a working dairy. Nevertheless, Davis is a very friendly place, and everyone is able to find at least one aspect to fall in love with.

People who are academically focused and are only attending college for the academics. While Davis is strong academically, what makes this univeristy so unique and wonderful, is everything else it offers in addition to great academics. There is so much to take advantage of at UCD, students not interested in learning about different people (ethnicity, religion, sexuality), or getting involved in a campus club or event should consider going somewhere else. Also, Davis may not be the place for people who don't like cold, wet winters!

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this university is someone who only wants to go to class and go straight home. They will miss out on the many opportunities not only provided by the campus, but also in the city of Davis. The community is rich with things to do and so is the campus. There is never a dull moment living here. A person who wishes not to seek out enriching experiences and only study by themselves should not attend this school. They will be better suited at an institution that does not wish to nurture education.

However, not everyone should attend UC Davis. I have seen students that have wasted their life through college without knowing the purpose in life. If they don't want to go to school, then please do not bother waste their money for it is not cheap at all. If the students want to go to school in order to avoid their parents, then I think they should learn how to reconcile with their family before they move on in life to live independently. Irresponsible and unmotivated students are discouraged to attend this school.

If you aren't self motivated, driven, competetative, have excellent time management skills, stamina and did not take AP courses, study full time, maintain A's and get high SAT scores in high school then this is NOT the school for you. Because each and every student at UC Davis DID. If interested in animals then you must have excellent math and chemistry abilities. If you don't like these subjects don't go to UC Davis. This has not even addressed the stresses of financial responsibility and internships.

Don't attend this school if you're craving the hustle and bustle of city life. I came from San Francisco so everything was hectic and interesting. There's absolutely none of that in Davis. There are a few shopping places but it's nothing popular. You have to go to Sacremento or something to get to a decent place to hang out if you're looking for something exciting. If you're driving to campus, it's very expensive to park there too. And you need a car if you want to do something on the weekends.

if your school hasn't prepared you well for college, then you definitely do not want to come here. i used to be a straight A, 4.0 student in high school and when i came to college, i received my first C's and F's. it was heart wrenching. you need to know what your resources are, such as your counselors and make a graduating plan so you know what classes to take. i was dismissed from the university at the end of my freshman year because i had received 2 F's. then i came back prepared.

I would reccomend anyone who excells academically and is looknig for a challenging education. Also there are many other activities to participate in. There are many ICA sports along wtih many club and intermural sports that studetns can join. There are many ways to get invovled and get to know people. Also the campus is very accepting of anyone of any race, gender, sexual orientation, and religion. I have never felt out of place or discriminated agasint.

The people who should not attend this school are people who are not open-minded. A lot of students in their freshman year start off as "pre-med", "pre-graduate", etc., and are suprised that at the end of their four or five years here, that they are on a different track. UC Davis has so many opportunities for students and if you aren't willing to take advantage of them and possibly be changed in your life course, than this is not the school for you.

Any person that is not motivated to try should not be at UC Davis. The school is not impossible, but if work is not completed then it is easy to slip into academic probation. It is crucial to be able to time manage and to remain emotionally stable in college and if a student does not have these qualities, it will be a struggle to stay here. Most importantly, the student has to want to learn. Without that, why bother coming to school?