University of California-Davis

« See more reviews of University of California-Davis

UC Davis has such broad academic opportunities that there is something for everyone! The school provides its students with the tools necessary to succeed and to enter the workforce and professional world. There is a true desire to succeed among the students and the school helps to foster that. The campus is also actively expanding and making a large effort to provide the facilities that can house the great academics that are already here or to help other programs grow to their full potention. The college is making a strong effort to make UC Davis the best school possible!

The calming atmosphere that is felt throughout the campus. You are free to walk around the many acres and let your thoughts wander, relieving any stress you might have from an exam or any other problems arising in your life. This is incredibly important because students are able to have an escape and way to calm themselves from anywhere on campus, and the various animal pens on the edges of campus provide the opportunity for studends to also interact with animals. Animals on campus tend to bring out the best in people, and thus can be benificial for academic relief.

The best thing about UC Davis is the educational and research opportunities that it provides to the students, as well as the friendly and encouraging administration, professors, and peers. It is a research-driven university that strives to provide its students with networking and internship opportunities. While the educational atmosphere is competitive to say the least, the students are kind and are always willing to help a fellow peer. The professors are often very renowned in their field of study and provide the optimal learning experience for the students.

The Library. University of California Davis has one of the largest libraries I have seen. It is interconnected with all the other UC libraries so that students can access books from any campus within a single day. The online data bases are wonderful as well. My major requires alot of writing and research so I use the library resources quite often. Besides the books, it is a great place to go between classes to get some work done. It is always quiet, comfortable, never too cold, and there are plenty of large tables with near by outlets for lap tops.

The best thing about UC Davis is the overall campus. The UC Davis campus is large at first, but once familiar the campus doesn't seem as large as it appears on maps. The Davis campus is very green and covered in trees and grasses. Also there are a variety of different plants grown throughout the campus. Among these green areas of UC Davis, the best would be the Arboretum. The UC Davis Arboretum provides a nice relaxing area for a relaxing stroll along various plant life on Putah Creek. It is the best place to get away from stress.

Davis has something to offer to everyone. Whether it be oppurtunities to work closely with your professors in research, or the awesome music scene it offers, or just to get away on a hiking trip for the weekend, Davis has it. The people here are genuine and intelligent, and the atmosphere condones those qualities. The factuly is incredibly well-informed and able, and they provide top-notch education. A big plus is also the fact that it is a bike school. It makes life without a car much easier and provides a more green environment.

Though I am sure that I will find many more things about U.C. Davis that I enjoy, as it stands the best thing about the school are the opportunities. With the exception of 'busy' engineering majors, the U.C. offers majors that have rather flexible G.E. requirements, allowing students to explore they're true passions before investing too much time into a field that they are unsure of. It also provides a more hands-on experience (particularly in the medical field) than most other colleges. Overall, it's the people and experience.

UC Davis has many benefits, one of the important being the world-class faculty. Because UC Davis is a research campus, the faculty are constantly working to unravel modern day issues, including the consequences and potential risk factors for autism (through work done at the MIND Institute), geological studies working to pin-point and prepare California for the next big earthquake, not to mention the world-class veterinary and medical schools tasked with understanding, treating, and progressing both animal, and human health.

The campus is surrounded by nature and the students here are very welcoming. I know some people who turned down "better" UCs such as UCSD, UCLA, and Berkeley because they didn not get good vibes. Most people at Davis, Davis was not their first choice. However, after visiting the campus, most people chose to attend UC Davis. This is because of how friendly and involved the students are. The general vibe on the campus is excellent, and it is because of this feeling of accceptance that most people attend UC Davis.

The students are the best part of UC Davis. My first day as a freshman on campus, students stopped to ask me if I needed help finding a building. I've never experienced such kindness from strangers before! In addition to friendliness, students at UC Davis are extremely hard-working and want to make a positive difference in the world. These students have started on their own campus, and work with professors and staff on how they can make the campus a more positive community. I couldn't have chosen a better school.