University of California-Davis

« See more reviews of University of California-Davis

Why did you decide to go to this school?

In high school, we would take a trip to UC Davis every year. The first time I came, I fell in love with the campus. It just clicked and I pictured myself going here. So from the first time I visited freshmen year in high school, I made it my goal to get accepted onto this campus. I worked hard because I knew it is competitive and difficult to be accepted. In the end, I got accepted to all the colleges I applied to. I chose UC Davis because it had always been my dream. I recommend everyone come to visit. This campus was the perfect fit for me, but it took me a visit to realize it.

Why did I choose to go to this school. I liked it; it sounds a bit vague but really that the feeling I had when I visited. I came here and looked around, saw things familiar and saw things new and different and though wow what a nice mix. I am not limiting myself too much nor am I putting myself in a very uncomfortable place either. So I thought, this place is nice and I like it.

Decision Day! I never thought I would end up at a UC but once I came to Decision Day I realized that this was the right place for me. I just got the feeling that me and the school clicked.

My big deciding factor in going to this school was the fact that it was one of the few schools that had a graduate Veterinary school. Soon after coming here however, I decided that I didn't want to be a Vet, but the nice thing about this school is I still had so many options to work with, and as of right now I'm a computer science and engineering major.

Relatives are nearby, the campus environment attracted me, they have a hockey team! I love the program they provide based on my major, and I just love California.