University of California-Los Angeles

« See more reviews of University of California-Los Angeles

i need and want a school of opportunities as professional as possible for a dual / twin specialisation in writing and performing arts toward the movie / cinema business ...i have a very reputed international professional degree in advertising from paris france with honour in english and also a professional certificate in writing / movie script writing from ucla extension / evening program plus i studied acting at the professional artist group - a private professional school in holywood as well as other pure acting classes at the american center in paris france ...i have been writing a bit everything for years in english french

UCLA hosts an unimaginable variety of extracurricular activities that always cater to your personal hobbies! Its unique location in LA allows students to persue so many different interests. For example, I can snowboard down Big Bear Mountain with the Board club, take surfing lessons through the Wooden Center, backpack across San Bernadino Mountains with SNAP, take a day trip to a medical clinic in Mexico, or tutor elementary kids in downtown Los Angeles. Boredom will become a foreign word once you put yourself out there, maximizing exposure to the academic, sport, outdoor, performing art, or community service activities.

The school I attend has so much diversity of people and cultures from all over the world. Many other campuses in schools offer this, but going to my school actually demonstrates and shows the true respect students and staff have for the diversity at my school. Encouragement of different cultures, different religions, and even different sexual relations is not critiqued by other students, or staff. That each individual can openly express themselves without feeling fearful, or with the less hesitation of their own personal safety. My school believes and encourages personal liberties and freedom expressed in any form.

I consider the UCLA campus' architecture to be one of the best, especially in contrast with the "big-city" feel of Los Angeles. Some good examples of campus architecture are the world reknown Powell Library and Royce Hall. Many of the campus buildings are featured in hollywood films and popular tv shows because of their archetypical campus feel. Los Angeles is vastly populated and the culture is fast-paced and technology driven; along with these facets there is a strong emphasis on scholarship and success. The UCLA campus architecture is the embodiment of Los Angeles' scholarship and success.

There is always something going on at UCLA; that’s what makes attending this university so worthwhile. All the extracurricular activities, campus events, and student organizations contribute to a fulfilling atmosphere that encourages students to reach their highest potentials. For example, I joined a dance team called VSU Modern as a first-year with no prior experience in the field; I am now one of the lead dancers in our performances. I never would have imagined myself in such a role without that initial opportunity UCLA has given me. You end up finding something you love without even knowing it.

I think that the best thing about my school is the social life. At the University of California - Los Angeles, Students are so involved with extracurricular activities especially sports and athletics. At UCLA, you can always interact with other students and make new friends. People are just so friendly and the campus is so ethnically diverse which makes you interested in talking to other people and getting to know the other cultures around you and meet new people. The other best thing: the residence halls. It is very organized and it helps you make a lot of life-time relationships.

The best thing about my school, academically speaking, is the discussions. Due to the large classes, students are split into different discussions. Surely, the Professors do a great job at teaching, but discussions help us fully grasp the concepts taught. I once heard that education is what is left after you forget what was taught. Discussions help us turn what we learned into actual education. Now, referring to the campus, its size and location are probably the best part about UCLA. The long walks to class with L.A.?s beautiful weather makes it a pleasure rather than a hassle.

I think the fact that it is such a diverse campus allows students to be exposed to so many different cultures. It is overall a friendly and beautiful campus. School spirit is huge, events through out the year specially during i <3 ucla week (before the ucla usc game) foster unity amongst the student body. The school has so many recreational activities and programs that its fairly easy to find your own nitch on campus, I know i found mine with my sorority and internship program. Also since its a research institution, undergrads have many opportunities to participate in reserch.

Your own time management and ambition is often the limiting factor on the opportunities available. Some of these opportunities may not be immediately obvious, but they're there, and the school has poured resources into them. We have incredible research facilities, an extensive alumni network, and people from every background can thrive if they pursue their goal diligently. That said, there are a lot of distractions, too. Try to find a major you like early your first year and focus on applicable activities/internships/work experience/etc. over the remaining.

The best thing about UCLA is the amazing education that I was able to acquire. My Psychology professors were some of the most amazingly intelligent people that I have ever met. Through them I learned not only the course's curriculum but also; I was inspired by their more personal stories to learn about myself outside of the classroom. I believe that through these courses and professors, I learned how to look inward rather than always outward for answers to life's questions and more importantly, I learned that it is "ok" to not always have all of the answers.