University of Central Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Central Arkansas

A person to attend UCA should be focused on the education. There are about a dozen fraternities and sororities around the outskirts of the campus, and freshmen seem to be their biggest targets. I have seen many people fall behind due to fraternity obligations and parties. My first-year roommate and maybe six other close friends I made that year dropped out due to failing grades; they all belonged to the same frat. Persons coming to UCA need to bo focused on their education and not looking for an outlet from parental supervision.

After experiencing other 2-year and 4-year schools around the state, I believe UCA is truly a place for everyone. The atmosphere is very laid back, yet intensely knowledge-penetrating. Some students dress up for class while others show up in their pajamas. The professors don't care what you look like as long as you're learning. Although it's the largest school I've attended, UCA is also the most down-to-earth college I've been a part of. I truly believe anyone would feel right at home here.

In my opinion some one who is narrow minded or is easily persuaded should not attend the University of Central Arkansas or for that matter any university. On a college campus a person is faced with many different views on society and if that person is narrow minded then they are not going to grow or experince life. Additionally, if a person is easily persuaded then they are not going to become an individual with their own opinions and beliefs.

One who wants to push himself academically, and challenge himself to learn might want to seek out another school. Of course this varies within departement and is dependant on professors and the student's approach, but overall there is an overwhelming attitude of "let's-get-her-done" rather than "I'm here to develope myself." Students with an attitude discribed by the latter statement should pursue higher academic standards.

I can't think of anyone who shouldn't. If you're in college to party, UCA's probably not the best choice, but then, if you're in it to party, why are you wasting money on college anyway? We're a suitcase campus, though, so if you plan to stay on every weekend and expect to participate in activities, go to a different school. Otherwise, we're very accepting and friendly towards all types.

You should not attend UCA if you are not determined to do what is required of you as a student. You must be determined and have your mind made up. UCA is a very challenging school, and much is required. However, there are great professors as well as students waiting to help you. If you love to party and hang out, you should not attend school here.

I don't believe there is one specific type of person that shouldn't attend this school. I think UCA is for every type of person. It just depends on the individual whether they think the school is right for them, perhaps because of the size or if they don't offer the specific degree oppurtunities that student wishes to follow.

I believe a person who is looking for new things, ideas, and people. I definitely think that you should be open-minded when your come to University of Central Arkansas because not only will you learn a lot about your specific field of study but you will definitely learn a lot about yourself as a person.

Someone who doesn't like working hard. This is not a school where you can just do the minimum to get by. You have to actually work, attend class, and study. Something I am still learning how to do. This can be a challenging place academically but because of that, it has made me a better student.

Someone who does not have school spirit, and does not like to be involved in campus activities shouldn't attend UCA. The school is centered around participation and school spirit, and the people who do not enjoy that type of activity will probably not be very involved students.