University of Central Florida Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

At UCF there are several housing options to choose from...They vary from typical dorm style with shared bathrooms to apartment style complete with kitchen and living room. The nicer apartments, like i said have full kitchens and living rooms with enough space for 4 people to live comfortably. The more affordable dorm rooms are shared with 1-3 other people depending on where you go. You will most likely be sharing a bathroom with at least one other person though. Freshman year I lived in a suite style dorm room so I shared a room with one other girl, but we shared a common area and bathroom with two other girls (who slept in the second bedroom).

We have many types of dorms, Nike, Towers and Lake Claire are apartment style dorms because you get your own room and share a bathroom with another roommate and you get a kitchen. While other dorms such as Apollo, Libra and Hercules you share a room with another person and then share a bathroom with 3 people, you're roommate included and you don't have a kitchen.

The dorms are very well kept and have a great feel to them. They don't feel like prisons and encourage students to interact with each other. The dorms are also sort of one the edge of campus which is nice because you can kind of separate yourself from school and "home".

The dorms on campus are very different from one another. There are some dorms that are small one room, one roommate and bathroom shared with another room of two. There are also dorms that are larger where there are four bedrooms two bathrooms and a kitchen and living room shared between all four people. Some of the dorms are nicer bt obviously will be way more expensive, and then there are the dorms that are not all that great and cost less. But the people in the dorms are very diverse and is the best way to make new friends. I would recomend living on campus for at least your first year! then move off campus to save alot of money.

You first walk in and it looks like a jail cell. Don't be discouraged though, a little decorating goes a long way! The rooms are larger than average, & we don't have ANY community style bathrooms! The most you will ever have to share a bathroom is with your roommate & your suite mates. There are plenty of options for every type of person. If you are shy & like to be alone, then the apartment style is best for you (own room/bathroom). If you are a social butterfly, then you'll want to look into a community such as Libra (roommate, suite mates, and community rooms right outside your door). I personally loved living in Libra, its very accessible & loads of fun!

Shonn

Theyre great and new.

Destiny

The showers are small but the rooms are really nice inside and it's enough space if you going to have a roommate. The towers have bigger showers but no bathroom. The towers are very nice. I'm living off campus now and I like it more because I have my own full room and bathroom with a tub unlike on campus. It's nice to live in dorms because you meet new people. Nike and hercules are really nice to stay in when on campus.

Destiny