University of Central Florida

« See more reviews of University of Central Florida

I show up high to my English class sometimes because it's the only way I can actually find that class moderately interesting. UCF has an awesome campus, I think we should keep expanding and become the largest school in the nation! Take that Ohio State! Spirit Splash is overrated Our football team will probably suck without Kevin Smith. The faculty in the Office of Student Involvement don't get paid enough. I know how much they earn. I tell people on my tours all the time to live off campus, it's WAY FREAKING CHEAPER! UCF wasn't my first choice school, but I'm really glad I go here and not where I wanted to go initially. The UCF police are quite nice. Students need to volunteer more often! This survey was longer then ten minutes.

When I transferred from Valencia Community College, I was very hesitant in attending UCF. One of my biggest fears stemmed from an overly cold impression of a university. However, I came to an early realization that UCF's goal---aside from academic excellence---is student comfort and assistance. Offices and professors exercise open-door policies for students, who often make appointments concerning academic progress, course requirements, and grades. Program advisers openly discuss and outline paths that promotes student success (completion towards earning a college degree) and further attainment of financial and work-study experiences.

As aforementioned, the University of Central Floirda is the second-largest university in the United States, with an enrollment of almost 60,000 students, which creates a more diverse, unique atmosphere compared to other smaller universities/colleges. Additionally, the University of Central Florida is located in Orlando, a central city in Florida, which is a relatively close transit to almost all other major cities in Florida (i.e. Downtown Orlando - 20 mins., Cocoa Beach - 1 hr., Gainesville, 2 hrs., Jacksonville - 2 hrs., Miami - 3 hrs., Tallahassee. 3 hrs.), making it easy to travel for educational and/or career-related opportunities.

As the third largest university in the nation, the tremendous size in enrollment of more than 53,000 students may seem daunting; however, when on campus, one does not garner a sense of a large student body, but rather a smaller one. The University of Central Florida offers myriad opportunities to seek a sense of belonging and community through over 350 registered student organizations that appeal and embrace the diversity of each student?s passion and personal identity. Consequently, the student organizations further maximizes the opportunity to expand social connections, encourage leadership, and make a difference in people?s lives.

The most unique thing I would say about my school is the doors of opportunities it offers all students. These opportunities I believe are different from what most universities offer. Every school offers an education, but the University of Central Florida provides an opportunity for every student to improve as individuals through research and intership opportunities, connections with some of the largest volunteer organizations, and most of all the school has the tools to prepare every student to become a professional and charismatic individual. Being one of the largest schools in the country, I believe UCF has the largest heart.

The University of Central Florida possesses a myriad of cultures, ethnicities, and various other subcultures encompassed on campus. I love UCF because UCF is not diverse, diversity is UCF! It is rare that someone feels alone while on campus. The traffic of students contains thousands of different colored faces, wardrobes, gaits, and methods of transportation (wheelchairs, skateboarders, inline skaters, etc.). The University of Central Florida also provides a plethora of opportunities to encourage and maintain variety on campus. Rather than other schools, where diversity is limited or, alot of the times, non-existent.

I considered two other schools and decided against them for three different reasons. The first reason is cost. Tuition prices at UCF, for Florida residents, is reasonable compared to other schools. The second reason is the variety of degree programs available. I need a specific and unusual major/minor combination, and UCF is able to accomodate me. The third reason is location. UCF is in the bulls eye of Florida, a location conducive to service-learning projects, research, work-study and internship opportunities. The area also features the Gulf and Atlantic beaches, shopping, entertainment, and restaurants.

In considering the University of Central Florida, I found the academic atmosphere most inviting. The College of Education in which I am attending is very welcoming and all of the professors are helpful and communicate with students to the best of their abilities in order to help students to succeed with their goals. The University itself has pride, everyone is proud to be a Knight. Academics and school spirit are a huge part of what makes this school fun to attend. Integrity, scholarship, community, creativity, and excellence are truly the core values that guide UCF's conduct, performance, and decisions.

The University of Central Florida is very unique for many reasons. It is the second largest university in the United States and has a very diverse student body. The UCF creed that is embodied by the students everyday is Integrity, Scholarship, Community, Creativity, and Excellence. These core values influence our daily decisions and allow us to enrich our community. UCF offers a wide variety of college courses and majors that students can choose from. My college is also unique because it offers a lot of on-campus student employment and volunteer opportunities through over 100 student organizations/clubs.

The University of Central Florida(UCF) truly stands for opportunity. In the two semesters that I've attended, I've been presented with various opportunities that seemed to come out of nowhere. These opportunities included those involving jobs, networking, and furthering my education. UCF opens doors that other universities ae not able to open. Because of the school's size, there are more things that the university is able to offer its students. Smaller colleges with fewer students may not be able to offer the same things. I am extremely grateful to UCF for giving me the opportunities it has.